|Other Name||Syeda Sarwat Gilani Facebook-Sarwat Gilani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-25-35|
|Debut||Film: "Jawani Phir Nahi" Aani as Gul (2015)
TV: "Dil Ki Madham Boliyan" (2005)
Web Series: "Churails" as Sara Khan (2020)
|Awards||• Nominated at Hum Award for "Best Negative Character" for Dil E Muztar 2013
• Nominated at Lux Style Awards for "Best Supporting Actress" for Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2015
|Date of Birth||22 December 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||38 Years|
|School||Local School Karachi|
|College/University||Indus Valley School of Arts and Architecture|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram-Sarwat Gilani|
|Hobbies||Listening to audio books, Painting|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Fahad Mirza The Express Tribune
|Marriage Date||First Marriage: 2005
Secound Marriage: 14 August 2014
|Husband/Spouse||First Husband: Omer Saleem (Actor, m.2005-div.2008)
Secound Husband: Fahad Mirza (Actor and Cosmetic Surgeon, m.14 August 2014-present)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Pakistani Army Official )
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
|Children||Son- Rohan Mohammad Mirza and Araiz Muhammad Mirza
Note: Both of her sons are from her second husband.
|Director(s)||Haisam Hussain, Mehreen Jabbar|
|Film(s)||Lollywood- I loved Cake, Moor, Manto
|Singer||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sarwat Gilani
- Sarwat Gilani is a popular Pakistani television and film actress. She is known for her performance in the television drama ‘Azar Ki Ayegi Baraat’ and for portraying the role of ‘Sara Khan’ in the web series ‘Churails.’
- Sarwat Gilani traces her Pashtun ancestry from her Pakhtun mother, and her maternal grandfather, Ghulam Moinuddin Khanji, was the Nawab of Manavadar. YouTube
- Sarwat Gilani is the Ambassador of Special Olympics Pakistan. She actively participates in social and charity events to raise awareness for child education and development.
- Sarwat Gilani made her acting debut in 2005 with TV One’s drama serial ‘Dil Ki Madham Boliyan.’ Although she did not play any main role in this show, she managed to impress the audience with her acting skill and worked in supportive roles in various drama series. In 2009, Sarwat appeared on screens as Mahi, a young girl living in the USA, opposite Faisal Rehman in the television series called ‘Malal.’
- In 2009, Sarwat became part of Pakistan’s OG drama series Aazar Ki Ayegi Barat as Sila Ahmed. She by chance received the proposal to work in this drama as Sarwat was gone to pick up her sister from the auditions for the drama and there the director saw her backstage and insisted her audition for one of the lead characters of the drama show. This show brought her into the limelight and became a turning point in her career.
- Later, Sarwat Gilani appeared in a number of popular shows like Meri Zaat Zarra-e-Benishan, Kaisi Hain Doorian, Meray Dard Ko Jo Zuban Miley, Aahista Aahista and many more. Her performance as Zoya in a love triangle drama ‘Dil-e-Muztar’ is considered one of her best performances onscreen for which she also earned a nomination for the Hum Award for Best Negative Character in 2013.
- Sarwat has featured in various telefilms as Shadi Aur Tum Say?, Dil Mera Dhadkan Teri, and Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani.
- Sarwat Gilani made her debut in the film with the comedy blockbuster ‘Jawani Phir Nahi Ani’ in which she played the character of Gul, a Pashtun woman, and robbed the heart of the audience. She was also nominated at the Lux Style Awards for Best Supporting Actress 2015 for delivering the phenomenal performance.
- In 2020, Sarwat Gilani made her digital debut with one of the most talked-about web series of 2020, Churails, alongside Mehar Bano, Yasra Rizvi, and Nimra Bucha as the main leads. Churails features a group of women with bold personalities, drinking alcohol, smoking cigars, and wearing so-called non-acceptable clothes, who runs a secret detective agency that works to expose the city’s unfaithful, elite husbands. This series was released on the OTT platform and won rave views from India.The government’s regulatory bodies in Pakistan banned the show after a clip from the series went viral and received backlash for the content after which the series was taken down from Zee5 Originals for the Pakistani audience.
- Sarwat Gilani is the Brand Ambassador for Special Olympics Games Pakistan. When asked about the achievement, she said,
I feel privileged to be able to give back to my country and its people in whatever capacity I can. Our kids are very talented and most deserving of the medals they earn on a worldwide platform. Their courage and the will to do better each year is a promise we would like to help them keep.”
- Sarwat Gilani has featured on the covers of many renowned magazines of Pakistan.
- Sarwat secured the 21st rank in the Eastern Eye’s Top 50 Asian Celebrities of the World 2020 list.
- Apart from acting and modelling, Sarwat is fond of painting. he often posts pictures of her canvas painting works on her social media accounts.
- Sarwat Gilani came across a big fan moment when she spotted Karan Johar at an international airport. She also clicked a picture with him and posted it on her Instagram account.
- Sarwat is an animal lover and has a pet dog named Hugo at her home.
- During an interview, Sarwat said that she only enjoys cooking for her children otherwise she never cook meals at her home.
- Sarwat Gilani desires to have her name on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.