|Real Name||Sharmila Tagore (Aka Begum Ayesha Sultana)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||8 December 1944|
|Age (as in 2016)||72 Years|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||Loreto Convent, Asansol, West Bengal, India,
St. John's Diocesan Girls' Higher Secondary School, Kolkata
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Bengali Film- Apur Sansar (The World of Apu) (1959)
Hindi Film- Kashmir Ki Kali (1964)
|Family||Father- Gitindranath Tagore
Mother- Ira Baruah
Sisters- late Oindrila Kunda (Tinku Tagore), Romila Sen (Chinky Tagore)
|Hobbies||Shopping, Gardening, Reading Books, and Listening to music|
|Favourite Director||Satyajit Ray|
|Favourite Actors||Sanjeev Kumar, Shashi Kapoor, Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra|
|Favourite Singer||Begum Akhtar|
|Favourite Destinations||France, South Africa|
|Favourite Food||Bengali Cuisine|
|Favourite Restaurant||Bukhara, Delhi|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Mansoor Ali Khan|
|Husband/Spouse||Mansoor Ali Khan (Cricketer)
|Marriage Date||27 December 1969|
|Children||Son- Saif Ali Khan (Actor)
Daughters- Saba Ali Khan and Soha Ali Khan (Actress)
Daughter-in-law- Kareena Kapoor
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sharmila Tagore
- Does Sharmila Tagore smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sharmila Tagore drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sharmila was born in Hyderabad, but she spent some years of childhood in Kolkata.
- She was offered to work in films at the age of 13.
- Sharmila was not good at studies. Her attendance was very short, she came to be regarded as a bad influence on her schoolmates and faced a choice of either doing films or studying further.
- Her younger sister Oindrila was the first in the family to act in a film, and the only role she ever played was that of Mini in Tapan Sinha’s film Kabuliwala (1957).
- She was the first Indian Actress to appear in a bikini for 1967 movie ‘An Evening in Paris’, which established Sharmila as a sex symbol in Hindi films.
- In 1968, she also posed in a bikini for the glossy Filmfare magazine.
- Before being married to Mansoor Ali Khan, Sharmila converted to Islam and changed her name to Begum Ayesha Sultana though she and her family never used that name.
- Her Husband Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was the Nawab of Pataudi and former captain of the Indian cricket team.
- Sharmila’s husband Mansoor Ali died in September 2011, and in November 2012 she wrote to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) asking for the upcoming series between India and England to be recognized as the Pataudi Trophy.
- For 1975 movie Mausam, she won the National Film Award for Best Actress and National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for Abar Aranye.