|Nickname(s)||Som and Gol Republic India The Times of India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDbHeight||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Film: Kedarnath (2018)
|Date of Birth||12 August 1995 (Saturday) DNA India|
|Age (as in 2020)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||• Besant Montessori School, Mumbai
• Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai
|College/University||Columbia University, New York City, New York|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in History and Political Science The Times of India|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian The Times of India|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Playing Tennis, Dancing|
|Controversies||• In 2019, a person asked her "If she ever felt like looking darker or going to the beach and getting a tan" while she appeared in the talk show of the famous Indian journalist, Barkha Dutt.
To which she replied,
If you wanna be tan, just put on some bronzer, and if you wanna be fair, put on some powder. It’s not the end of the world, and it shouldn’t define you at all.”
She received huge criticism for passing a racist comment. I Diva
• In 2020, during the investigation of Late Sushant Singh Rajput’s mysterious death, Rhea Chakraborty was arrested by the NCB for her connection in drugs trading. During the further investigation, Rhea revealed the names of 25 Indian celebrities who were involved in drugs trading including Sara Ali Khan. Deccan Chronicle
|Relationships & More|
|Affair/Boyfriend||• Veer Pahariya (Sushil Kumar Shinde's grandson) ABP News
• Ishaan Khattar (Actor, Rumoured) India Today
• Late Sushant Singh Rajput (Actor) The Times of India
• Kartik Aaryan (Actor) The Times of India
|Parents||Father- Saif Ali Khan (Actor)
Mother- Amrita Singh (Actress)
Stepmother- Kareena Kapoor Khan (Actress)
|Siblings||• Brother- Ibrahim Ali Khan (Born on 5 March 2001)
• Half-brother- Taimur Ali Khan (Born on 20 December 2016)
• In 2020, Kareena Kapoor was pregnant with her second child.
|Actress||Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai, and Alia Bhatt|
|Destination(s)||Goa, London, New York, Dubai|
|Food||Pizza, Milk Cake, Hyderabadi Biryani, and Besan Ke Laddoo|
|Song(s)||‘Lag Jaa Gale,’ ‘Bahon Mein Chale Aao,’ and ‘Tune O Rangile Kaise Jadu Kia’|
|Makeup Product||Nail Paint|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 5.75 crores (as in 2019) Forbes India|
- Does Sara Ali Khan drink alcohol?: Yes Pinkvilla
- Does Sara Ali Khan drink alcohol?: Yes India TV News
- Sara Ali Khan is a popular Indian actress.
- Her grandfather, Late Mansoor Ali Khan was a Pataudi, who was a famous Indian cricketer. Her grandmother, Sharmila Tagore, is a veteran Indian actress and was born in a Bengali family.
- She is Pashtun from her father’s side and Punjabi from her mother’s side. Wikipedia
- The famous Indian socialite, Rukhsana Sultan is her maternal grandmother. Her maternal grandfather’s name is Shivinder Singh Virk.
- She was the senior to the Bollywood actress, Ananya Pandey in school.
- She used to live at 110 Broadway, New York City while she was studying at the Columbia University.
- While she was in college, Sara, along with her mother Amrita Singh, were featured on the cover of ‘Hello’ magazine. She then started getting film offers, but her parents asked her to continue her studies.
- In 2004, her parents got divorced, and Sara and her brother, Ibrahim stayed with their mother. She talked about her parents’ divorce in an interview, she said
I was more than okay with that arrangement. I think having two happy parents in different homes is much more preferable than two unhappy parents in the same home. I think I am the way that I am because my mother didn’t let me feel any kind deprivation for even a second. I have a very hands-on mother. Once my brother and I were born, she did nothing but look after us.”
- Reportedly, she was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with Shahid Kapoor‘s brother, Ishaan Khattar in the Bollywood film, ‘Student of The Year 2,’ but the film got delayed and was released in 2019.
- Post the release of her debut film, ‘Kedarnath’ (2018), she talked about her co-star, Sushant Singh Rajput, she said,
I am so glad that you asked me that. I have no idea how I have done this film. I have tried my best but I feel I couldn’t have done any of it without Sushant. He has just been the most helpful person I have had. There were days when I was lost and scared as it’s the first time I am facing the camera but he has been hands on. Sushant also helped me improve my Hindi and whatever little I speak, he has taught me. He has helped me a lot.”
- She has acted in many popular Hindi films, like ‘Simmba’ (2018), ‘Love Aaj Kal 2’ (2020), ‘Coolie No. 1’ (2020), and ‘Atrangi Re’ (2021).
- Earlier, Sara used to be overweight and was suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) due to which she had to work hard to loose excessive body weight. She followed a healthy diet and worked out in the gym regularly to get back in shape. While she appeared in one of the episodes of Indian Idol, she said,
I am a big fan of Neha Kakkar as she is a great singer, I really love her songs. It’s a fan moment for me. I was so excited before coming on Indian Idol 10 to meet Neha. I have been listening to her songs for a long time. Her songs actually helped me to lose weight. I used to run on the treadmill listening to some of her hit songs on repeat mode.”
- Click Here to view Sara Ali Khan’s Diet & Workout Plan.
- Sara shares a good bond with her her stepmother, Kareena Kapoor Khan, and she often goes out for shopping with her While talking about Kareena Kapoor, she said in an interview,
Everyone has been clear about their dynamics with me. It has never been confusing. Kareena herself says that ‘look you have a mother and a great one and what I want is for us to be able to be friends.’ My father also never said ‘this is your second mother’ or made it any way uncomfortable. My mom dressed me for my father’s wedding. A lot of people would be of the opinion that Kareena was being weird or mom was being weird. It was very comfortable. Everyone was so mature. It was not a big deal.”
- In 2018, she appeared in the popular talk show, ‘Koffee with Karan’ along with her father. During the show, she said that she had a crush on Kartik Aaryan. Reportedly, the Bollywood actor, Ranveer Singh played a cupid for Sara and Kartik, and it is said that they both parted ways after the release of their Bollywood film, ‘Love Aaj Kal 2’ (2020).
- In her leisure time, she plays tennis with her father and brother.
- While talking to a reporter, Saif Ali Khan said that Sara was inspired by the Bollywood actress, Aishwarya Rai to act in films, he said,
I have seen her do a very funny advert when she was four and she’s been like this all along. There was actress Aishwarya Rai on stage in New York with people going ballistic and Sara sitting on the floor behind the curtain saying, ‘This is what I want to do.”
- She has featured on the cover of various magazines and has walked the ramp for ace Indian fashion designers.
- In an interview, she said that she was impressed by Kareena Kapoor Khan’s role as Poo in the film ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham’ (2001).
- She has won many awards for her debut film, ‘Kedarnath’ (2018); as the best debut female.
- Interestingly, the age gap between Sara Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan is approximately equal to the age gap between Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog, Fuffy.
- As a brand ambassador, Sara has endorsed various brands like Fanta, Puma, and Veet.
- Here’s an interesting video about Sara Ali Khan’s biography:
References/Sources: [ + ]