Some Lesser Known Facts About Shaylee Krishen
- Shaylee Krishen is an Indian actress and model who was born in a refugee camp in Jammu & Kashmir.
- She belongs to a royal family in Kashmir. Shaylee, her family, and thousands of Kashmiri Pandits moved to the Jammu and Kashmir refugee camp from Anantnag, Jammu and Kashmir in 1980. Her parents had to leave their lavish life and live in tents with other Kashmiri Pandits. In an interview, while talking about her childhood, she said,
My father was well educated. So, he could secure a job in a bank in Kashmir. It made it possible for my family to get a new house. It was more like winning a lottery for me when I got to use my own bedroom and washroom for the first time. I was eight years old when I left the camp and our life started anew. But still, it is painful to know that around 60,000 families still live in there.”
She further said,
So, nothing seems big for me and I don’t take success and fame into my head. My favourite place in the world is my bedroom inside the house that my papa owned after getting his first job.”
- In childhood, she was inspired by art and filmmaking.
- In an interview, she talked about debuting as an actor in the Hindi film ‘Urumi’ (2012). She said,
The Malayalam movie Urumi, directed by Santhosh Sivan sir in 2012, was my first theatre experience. I told my brother that day that he would see me doing a role in his movie someday. To my luck, it came true.”
- While doing modelling for various brands, she was spotted by the noted Indian cinematographer Ravi Varman who clicked her few photos and shared them with the Indian film director Santhosh Sivan. Santosh liked her photos and offered her a role in his Malayalam film ‘Moha’ to which she agreed.
- She has acted in a few Malayalam films like ‘Bermuda’ (2021) and ‘Jack and Jill’ (under production as of 2021).
- Shaylee came into the limelight with the Amazon Prime Video series ‘The Last Hour’ (2021) starring Indian actors like Sanjay Kapoor, Raima Sen, and Karma Takapa.
- She has a pet cat, and a pet dog named Sasha.
- In 2021, many media sources quoted that her looks resembled to the Afghan refugee girl Sharbat Gula who was featured on the cover of National Geographic magazine in 1985. She The People