Shiva Shrestha Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Full name||Shiva Sundar Shrestha|
|Names Earned||Action King|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film (Nepali): Jeevan Rekha (1982)
Film (Lollywood): Humse Hai Zamana (1985)
|Awards||• 2012: Lifetime Achievement Award at the Box Office Film Award 2012
• 2016: Achievement Awards at the Global Nepali Film Awards
• 2016: Contribution Awards at the Nepal Motion Picture Awards
|Date of Birth||20 June 1953 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||69 Years|
|Zodiac sign||Acorrding to Shiva Shrestha's date of birth, his zodiac sign is Gemini; however, in an interview, he revealed that his zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Ratopati|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Ratopati|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Watching movies|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||According to a media source, in 1998, Shiva Shrestha got married to Srijana Shrestha, his second wife.|
|Wife/Spouse||Shiva Shrestha's first wife's name is Ganga Devi. After they separated and filed for divorce, Shiva got married to Srijana Shrestha, a Nepali actress.
|Children||Shiva Shrestha's son from his first marriage, Shakti Shrestha, is an actor. He has four daughters—three of them are Abhi Shrestha, Sona, and Shibangi—from his first marriage. Shiva Shrestha and his second wife Srijana Shrestha have a son.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shiva Shrestha
- Shiva Shrestha is a veteran Nepalese actor. In 2022, he appeared in the Indo-Nepali film ‘Prem Geet 3’ in which he played the role of Prem’s father.
- According to Shiva, before venturing into acting, he aspired to become a pilot. Later, he wanted to become a police inspector. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
Mama Dwarika Shrestha was not a DSP. He had said that he would first become an Asai and then become an inspector. But I wanted to become an inspector from the beginning. There was an exam in the British camp. If I had not been an artist, I would have been in Lahore today.” Kantipur
- Initially, Shiva Shrestha worked as a theatre artist in Nepali plays and worked in Ramesh Budhathoki’s theatre play ‘Dui Las Ek Chihan.’ Later, in 1982, Shiva Shrestha made his acting debut with the Nepali film Jeevan Rekha.
- Subsequently, he appeared in many Nepali films like Kanchhi (1984), Bishwa (1986), Chino (1989), Manakamana (1990), Milan (1993), Dharma Sankat (1998), and Thuldai (1999).
- He has appeared in more than 150 films. He is also known as the “action king” and the “second pillar” of the Nepalese film industry. In an interview, he talked about his acting career and said,
In Nepal, they call me an action star. My most popular movies are ‘Jeevan Rekha’, ‘Chino’, ‘Thuldai’, ‘Manakamana’ and others. The latest movie he acted in is ‘Prem Geet 3’. So far I am enjoying acting in films. I play movies as long as I have breath. Some people even ask me when you will retire from acting. ‘The day my breath goes away, I will automatically retire from acting’ is my answer to them.” Ratopati
- Shiva Shrestha has also appeared as an actor in many Lollywood films. In March 1985, he made his Lollywood debut with the film ‘Humse Hai Zamana.’ ‘Humse Hai Zamana.’ Later, he appeared in many Pakistani Urdu films like Lady Commando (1989), Bangkok Ke Chor (1986), Lawa (1984), Humse Hai Zamana (1984), and Tiger (1985). Shiva returned to Nepal after working for five years in the Pakistan entertainment industry.
- According to Shiva, he has worked as an actor in the film industries of various countries like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Japan. Ratopati
- In a media interview, Shrestha said that he was offered a role in a Hollywood film; however, he rejected it. He quoted,
One always wishes for more. I wish to act in Hollywood movies. When I just started my acting career I was offered a role in a Hollywood movie about 25 years back. I was too young to understand the importance of that opportunity at that time.”
- In 2016, he directed and produced a Nepali reality television show titled ‘Baliyo Ghar Surakshit Nepal.’
- Apart from acting in films, Shiva Shrestha was a sportsman and used to play games like volleyball and football. He also participated in national-level competitions in wrestling. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I am also a sportsman. All-rounder in sports too. I play all games. I used to play a lot of games like volleyball and football. I have also played in national level competitions in wrestling. When I was in Biratnagar, I once wrestled with a wrestler from Gorakhpur. I also used to play football from the RCT club in Kathmandu. Even now I want to play sports but I am not able to play. Now I watch football, wrestling and cricket more on TV.” Ratopati
- In an interview, Shiva Shrestha said that he didn’t like smoking. He said,
never smoke and never do it. I am the son of a Newar. You can’t say you don’t know the test. But I don’t like to measure. Alcohol is not kept at home.” Ratopati
- He likes to watch movies, listen to music, and read books in his leisure time.
- According to Shiv Shrestha, he is an ardent follower of Sai Baba. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
Well, it is not that I am completely absent from the film industry, some of my movies will be releasing soon. I believe in quality rather than quantity…When I am not doing movies, I am into social services and into Sai Baba. As you know I am a religious kind of person and a hard core devotee of Sai Baba.”