Some Lesser Known Facts About Simone Biles
- Does Smone Biles smoke?: Not Known
- Does Simone Biles drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Simone has a stunt named after her that has been registered in the Code of Points. It’s called Double Layout Half Out that she invented doing the floor routine and is also known as “The Biles”.
- Simone Biles has won several competitions including all-round and floor for three times, and the balance beam championship twice.
- In the team events, she was on the gold medal winning teams for the 2014 and 2015 World Artistic Gymnastics.
- Biles is the only African-American to win the all-round championship and the first woman to win three consecutive world all-round championships.
- Simone has won fourteen medals in total, out of which 10 are gold, making her the most decorated American gymnast.
- Her latest achievement is a gold that she won with “Final Five” US team in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- Simone’s mother, Shanon, was a drug-addict and was not in a state to raise the kids. The younger kids, Simone and Adria were adopted by Simone’s father Ronald and his second wife Nellie. The elder two kids were adopted by Ronald’s sister.
- She speaks to her mother once in three months and about their relationship, she said, “Life goes on, and that’s my past,” she said. “That’s what it should be left at — the past.”
- Biles started training at the age of six when used to go to daycare, as it was part of the trips they took children to. The instructors suggested for her to do gymnastics. She enrolled with Aimee Boorman at the Bannon’s Gymnastix gym when she was eight years old.
- Her sister Adria is a gymnast too.
- She won the all-around, vault, balance beam and floor exercise routines in her very first international event at the 2013 City of Jesolo Trophy in Jesolo, Italy. She also led her US team to win a gold medal.
- She often fell in her performances till 2015, after which she started doing better and became consistent with her game and was almost always selected for the team.
- Biles trains alternate schedule, training 12:30 to 5:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays and 9 to noon and then 3 to 6 on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. She takes only one day off and trains 9 to 1 on Saturdays too.
- Her parents are actually her grandparents who adopted her at the age of 2 after her mother gave the kids away to a foster home. The kids call them Mom and Dad though.
- She is really scared of bugs and freaked out when she found a bug in the bouquet she was presented at the 2014 World Championships in China.
- She a good sense of style and has mention in the New Yorkers.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)