|Real Name||Nikita Mehra TGLB|
|Profession(s)||Model, Fashion Beauty & Travel Blogger, Social Media Influencer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||OTT/Web Series: The Fashion Hero Season 2 (2021)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Best Indian Fashion Influencer (2018) award at the JD Fashion Awards
• News X Women Achievers Award (2019)
• In 2019, she was included in the list of top hundred influencers of India by Exhibit Magazine in the travel category.
• TLJ's People's Choice Award (2020) for Best Fashion Blogger
|Date of Birth||2 August 1993 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|College/University||• Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi
• South Asian University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Honours Degree in Economics YouTube
• A master's degree in Economics YouTube
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sid Madan (Fashion Entrepreneur)
|Parents||Father- Rajiv Mehra (Businessman)
Mother- Rakhi Mehra (Fashion Designer)
|Siblings||Brother- Sankarshan Mehra (Investment Banker)
|Actress||Priyanka Chopra, Blake Lively|
|Cuisine(s)||Chinese and Indian|
|TV Shows||Game of Thrones (2011)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Niki Mehra
- Niki Mehra is a renowned Indian model, fashion, beauty & travel blogger, and social media influencer who has carved a niche in the Indian fashion industry with her unique style of clothing and fashion. She came into the limelight with her hands-on practical clothing and life hacks, which she frequently posts on her social media accounts and blog posts under the hashtags: #NMRethinks and #hacksbyniki.
- Since childhood, Niki loved wearing makeup. In an interview, she revealed that she used to paint her face with her mother’s makeup and click pictures all the time. In an interview, she said,
My mom has studied fashion design and my dad is a hardcore business guy so I think I always had the knack for fashion entrepreneurship. As I grew older, I really started enjoying fashion and makeup and I knew this is what I wanted to do.”
- In her school days, Niki was an excellent student, and she desired to become an economist. After excelling in her school academics, she pursued an honour’s degree in economics at Delhi University. Thereafter, she pursued a master’s degree in economics at the South Asian University, New Delhi. As her academic course was quite tough and challenging, for recreation, she started fashion blogging.
- Midway through her master’s degree, she realised that economics was not her passion, and she decided to venture into the fashion industry as a fashion blogger. Surprisingly, she gained a substantial growth in her social media followers, hence, she became a full-time blogger. In an interview, she said
This whole plan of mine was a secret. Nobody other than my best friend who helped me click pictures for my blog knew about it. I had told myself if I am not able to connect to those many individuals in a year, then nobody ever has to know and I can go back to the life I had worked towards for 23 years; that of being an economist.
- To her utter disappointment, she was immensely criticized by her relatives who were of the opinion that modelling and fashion were degrading career choices. In a Tedx Talks video, she also revealed that her ex-boyfriend broke up with her because his parents weren’t comfortable with Niki displaying her lifestyle over her social media accounts.
- Although her mother was supportive throughout her career, Niki’s family was doubtful of her career choice. She was often compared to her well-settled brother who is a graduate from IIM Ahmedabad and is working as an investment banker. In an interview, she said,
My family wasn’t comfortable with the idea of me venturing into this field, partly because the concept was so new in India that barely anyone understood it and partly because I had given up a fancy job and was working from home aka in their eyes ‘sitting idle’ with no money.”
- As her blog was still budding slowly but progressively, she was hired as a brand ambassador for a leading crystal jewellery brand, Swarovski, for their international campaign. It was a big breakthrough in her career after which she made her way to Paris after Swarovski selected her as the Indian blogger at the ‘Style Your Way to Paris Contest ’.
- Soon, she was featured in spreads of popular magazines like Cosmopolitan India, Grazia, Wedlook and Vogue India. Through her widespread digital platform, she was able to sustain a regular income.
- In 2016, another prominent milestone in Niki Mehra’s career came when she was chosen by the high-end sportswear brand ‘Puma’ to interview the Hollywood celebrity, Rihanna, with reference to the launch Rihanna’s beauty brand ‘Fenty collection.’
- Thereafter, she worked with various well-known brands like Maybelline, Kerastase, H&M, Forever21, Amazon, etc.
- In 2018, Niki Mehra revealed that she will appear as a contestant in an international fashion reality show The Fashion Hero Season-2 (2021), a modelling contest for unconventional models. The show aims at celebrating diversity and overturning the perception of beauty.
- In March 2020, Niki Mehra’s boyfriend, Sid Madan, proposed to Niki in London, England where he recreated their first date. With the London Eye in the backdrop, the fairytale proposal went viral on the internet. In 2018, Sid and Niki met each other during the extravagant London Fashion Week, and their work trip soon turned out to be a date. Two years later, the same romance was recreated, and Niki only thought it was their second anniversary celebration.