Somnath Bharti Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 48 Years
Wife: Lipika Bharti
Caste: Scheduled Caste
|Real Name||Somnath Bharti|
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party
|Political Journey||• 2013: He contested the Delhi assembly election from the Malviya Nagar constituency and won, defeating Arti Mehra of the Bharatiya Janata Party and the incumbent Kiran Walia of the Indian National Congress; he briefly served as Minister of Law, Tourism, Administrative Reforms, Art & Culture.
• 2015: He was elected again as an MLA from the Malviya Nagar constituency and won by double the margin than the last time.
• 2020: He won the Delhi assembly election for the third time from the Malviya Nagar constituency.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||10 May 1974|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Hisua Bazar, Nawada, Bihar, India|
|Hometown||Hisua Bazar, Nawada, Bihar, India|
|School||A local school in Patna|
|Family||Father- Sitaram Bharti (Spiritual Wanderer)
Mother- Manorama Rani Bharti (Government School Teacher)
Brother- Loknath Bharti (Software Engineer)
Sister- Divya Stuti (Classical Music Teacher)
|Controversies||• On 10 September 2015, his wife filed an FIR against him under domestic violence and attempt to murder charges. After which, he demanded anticipatory bail, but the plea got rejected, and on 29 September 2015, he had surrendered himself at Dwarka Police Station, Delhi.
• In 2014, he was publically criticised for leading a midnight raid on a private house in Khirki extension in New Delhi. In which, he, along with his supporters, forcefully entered the house and compelled four Ugandan women to undergo medical tests of narcotics. He had clarified that he had to raid with his supporters, as police had denied obeying his instructions.
• In 2015, again attracted a controversy, as he had publicly revealed the real identity of Danish Rape victim women, who came to India for a tour. After realising his mistake, he had manipulated his interview and requested media to remove women's name from it. Moreover, he also apologised to the victim and her family for his mistake.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||10 December 2010|
|Children||Son- Somansh Bharti
Daughter- Somalika Bharti
|Car Collection||Maruti 800
|Salary (as a Delhi MLA)||Rs. Rs 90,000 per month + other allowances (as of 2023) The Indian Express|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||Rs 1-2 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Somnath Bharti
- Somnath Bharti belongs to a semi-urban place called Hisua in District Nawada, Bihar. His father was a spiritual wanderer, and her mother was a school teacher.
- He got much influenced by the spiritual practices of his father and inherited the habit of doing yoga, and meditation in his daily life.
- He had completed his initial schooling from Bihar and was an exceptionally brilliant student. He used to give tuitions to class 10th Mathematics Olympiad students when he himself was the student of class 8th.
- After completing his schooling, at the age of 18, he got shifted to Delhi and started living in a shared dormitory at Sri SisGanj Gurdwara Sahib.
- In 2000, he was accused of making money by doing illegal practices of spamming and using the name of a top spamming site, LLC, and making money by doing illegal practices of spamming.
- In 2006, he came into limelight for fighting the case of a fellow IITian, Vikram Buddhi (a professor in the USA), who was arrested by the US government for publishing anti-Bush content through his email. This case highly acknowledged by the media at that time.
- In 2012, after Nirbhaya case, he had saved nine youngsters, who were arrested by the Delhi police in charge of killing a constable, Subhash Tomar. In fact, the constable had died because of a severe heart attack.
- In 2010, he met Arvind Kejriwal, in a Pan IIT event in Noida, where they became good friends, and since then, they have been working together as a team. He is also one of the founder members of Aam Aadmi Party.
- After passing out from IIT Delhi in 1997, he had served his college alumni Association as its Secretary from 2007 to 08, and as its President from 2012-13.
- In 2013, he won Delhi state assembly elections from Malviya Nagar constituency defeating Arti Mehra of the Bharatiya Janata Party and Kiran Walia of the Indian National Congress.
- His wife’s allegations on him had created a great media havoc. Here is the video of an interview given by her after filing the complaint against Bharti.
- The Khirkee Extension case was also got elevated in the media and after that, he remained in the limelight for several days.
- Here is the video of an interview of Somnath Bharti talking about his life experiences.
|↑1||The Indian Express|