Wife: Kiran Tiwari
Age: 45 Years
|Profession||Hindu Nationalist Politician|
|Known For||Being the founder of the Hindu Samaj Party|
|Date of Birth||Year- 1974|
|Age (at the time of death)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Date of Death||18 October 2019 (Friday)|
|Place of Death||Khursheda Bagh, Lucknow, India|
|Death Cause||Murder; his neck was slit and shot dead|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Controversies||• In 2015, he stoked a major controversy by saying that Prophet Mohammad was the first homosexual in the world. He retaliated to the politician, Azam Khan's statement as he (Azam) said, "Many RSS leaders are unmarried because they are homosexuals." India Today
• In 2015, he said that actors, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan should be beheaded. The statement came after the intolerance debates in the media when these Bollywood stars commented that they feared to live in India. Jan Satta
• After founding his own party, 'Hindu Samaj Party' in 2017, he also promised to make a temple of Nathuram Godse (Murderer of Mahatma Gandhi), however, the project never took off.
• There were several other charges against him of instigating hatred, enmity, communal riots in the society.
• In 2018, he had said that he would start the construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya on 14 August with the help of 1 lakh people. The Print
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Sons- Satyam Tiwari and one other
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Kusum Tiwari
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamlesh Tiwari
- Tiwari had contested the 2019 General Elections from Faizabad as an Independent candidate but lost.
- Tiwari was stabbed multiple times and shot to death in his Lucknow office in Khursheda Bagh. In CCTV footage, the two accused can clearly be seen entering his house. After the incident, Tiwari was rushed to a trauma centre but was pronounced dead by the doctors.
- The two accused were wearing saffron clothes. Reportedly, one of them befriended Tiwari on social media through a fake name, Rohit Solanki. They arrived in Lucknow from Surat and stayed in Khalsa Inn hotel from where saffron clothes and anti-anxiety pills were recovered by the police. India Today
- The assassins spent 30 minutes with him on the pretext of gifting him sweets.
- According to the UP police, there were five persons, including three from Surat (Khurshid Ahmed Pathan, Faizan Pathan and Maulana Mohsin Sheikh), who have been arrested in connection with the killing. However, the main executors of the crime, Ashfaq and Moinuddin fled from Tiwari’s office after the scene.
- The plan to murder Tiwari was plotted in Surat, Gujarat. The culprits came to Uttar Pradesh to execute the plan.
- After giving the controversial comment on Prophet Mohammad, Tiwari faced backlash from the Muslim communities. He was imprisoned, but Allahabad High Court released him later on bail. An Islamic cleric, Anwar-ul-Haq from Uttar Pradesh’s Bijnor who promised Rs 51 lakh in 2016 for anyone who beheaded Kamlesh Tiwari, was detained and questioned.
- According to Tiwari’s mother, Kusum, “Under the previous government, my son had a security cover of around 17 policemen. When Yogi Adityanath became the CM, the security was first reduced to eight-nine and then to four. Two of them followed my son wherever he went while two would be stationed at his office. But on the day, my son was murdered, surprisingly none of the four security guards was with him.”
- The family members of Tiwari met the CM Yogi Adityanath also and demanded capital punishment for the murderers.
References/Sources: [ + ]