Husband: Vishagan Vanangamudi
Age: 34 Years
Height: 5' 5"
|Real Name||Shaku Bai Rao Gaikwad|
|Profession(s)||Graphic Designer, Producer, Director|
|Famous For||Being the younger daughter of Rajinikanth|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-34|
|Debut||Tamil Film (Graphic Designer): Padayappa (1999)
Tamil Film (Producer): Goa (2010)
Tamil Film (Director): Kochadaiiyaan (2014)
Honoured for Technical Innovation in Film at the NDTV Indian of the Year Awards
|Date of Birth||20 September 1984|
|Age (as in 2018)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Ashram Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Velachery, Chennai|
|Education Qualification||Graduation in Graphic Designing|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Ashwin Ramkumar (Industrialist)
• Vishagan Vanangamudi (Actor & Businessman)
|Marriage Date(s)||• 3 September 2010 (with Ashwin Ramkumar)
• 11 February 2019 (with Vishagan Vanangamudi)
|Marriage Place(s)||• Rani Meyyammai Hall in Chennai (with Ashwin Ramkumar)
• The Leela Palace, Chennai (with Vishagan Vanangamudi)
|Husband/Spouse||First Husband: Ashwin Ramkumar (Industrialist; 2010-2017)
Second Husband: Vishagan Vanangamudi (Actor & Businessman)
|Children||Son- Ved Krishna (born on 6 May 2015)
|Parents||Father- Rajinikanth (Actor)
Mother- Latha Rangachari (Producer & Singer)
Sister- Aishwarya R. Dhanush (Elder; Film Director)
|Favourite Actor(s)||Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Cuisine(s)||South Indian, Italian|
|Favourite Filmmaker||S. S. Rajamouli|
- Does Soundarya Rajinikanth smoke?: No
- Does Soundarya Rajinikanth drink alcohol?: No
- Soundarya Rajinikanth is the younger daughter of a superstar, Rajinikanth.
- Her father, Rajinikanth is a Maharashtrian while her mother, Latha Rangachari is a Tamilian.
- She did her schooling from the Ashram Matriculation Higher Secondary School in Chennai that has been running by her mother since the late 1990s.
- She started her career as a graphic designer in the Tamil film industry and made her debut in 1999 by sketching the title of the film, Padayappa.
- She has also designed the title sequences of several Tamil films like ‘Baba’ (2001), ‘Chandramukhi’ (2005), and ‘Sivaji’ (2007).
- Soundarya is the founder of ‘Ocher Picture Productions’ and in 2007, her production house signed an agreement with Warner Bros Entertainment Inc to partner up in producing and distributing Tamil films.
- In 2010, she produced a Tamil film, Goa. This is the first film of her production house.
- On 3 September 2010, she got married to Ashwin Ramkumar, an Industrialist who runs a family construction business. However, the marriage didn’t go well and the duo divorced in July 2017. They together have a son, Ved Krishna.
- Soundarya Rajinikanth was supposed to make her directorial debut with a 3D animated film, Sultan: The Warrior, featuring Rajinikanth but, the film was dropped for various reasons.
- She then made her directorial debut in 2014 with the Tamil film, Kochadaiiyaan, starring Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone in the lead. Soundarya also made her special appearance in the song “Engae Pogudho Vaanam” of this film. She became the first Indian woman to direct her father in a feature film.
- Tollywood superstar, Dhanush is her brother-in-law, as he is married to her elder sister, Aishwarya R. Dhanush.
- Her second husband, Vishagan Vanangamudi to whom she got married on 11 February 2019 is an actor and also runs a pharmaceutical company, Apex Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. in Chennai. Vishagan was earlier married to a magazine editor, Kanikha Kumaran.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography