Education: College Dropout
Husband: Ranveer Singh
Age: 37 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5'8"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Debut||Kannada: Aishwarya (2006)
Bollywood: Om Shanti Om (2007)
Hollywood: XXX: Return of Xander Cage (2017)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Filmfare Award
• Best Female Debut for "Om Shanti Om" (2008)
• Best Actress Award for "Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela" (2014)
• Best Actress Award for "Piku" (2016)
International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Award
• Best Female Debut for "Om Shanti Om" (2008)
• Best Actress Award for "Chennai Express" (2014)
• Best Actress Award for "Piku" (2016)
• On 28 March 2022, she accpeted TIME100 Impact Award for spreading awareness about mental health.
• In May 2023, she was featured on the cover of Time magazine.
|Date of Birth||5 January 1986|
|Age (as of 2023)||37 Years|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|School||Sophia High School, Bengaluru|
|College/University||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||College dropout|
|Caste||Brahmin (Chitrapur Saraswat)|
|Address||B/Cozihom, Pali Hill, Bandra (West), Mumbai 400050|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Playing badminton, Cooking|
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Eating South Indian snacks, wearing Indian clothes like sarees, chudidaars, to put mascara, gym wear
Dislikes: Negativity, Wearing Designer Clothes
|Tattoo(s)||• A tattoo on Neck
• A tattoo on Ankle
|Controversies||• On 14 September 2014, the Times of India tweeted: "OMG: Deepika Padukone's cleavage show." After it, Deepika bashed at TOI's tweet for this inappropriate heading and tweeted, "Yes I am a woman. I have breasts. I have a cleavage. You got a problem?." She also received support from both fans and film fraternity, after the Times of India published a report and a photo dedicated to the actress’s cleavage. Later, the story and tweet were removed from Twitter.
• After her breakup with Ranbir Kapoor, she cheekily commented on Ranbir on a popular chat show "Koffee with Karan" that Ranbir should endorse a condom brand.
• After her marriage with Ranveer Singh, an Italian Sikh group alleged that the Sikh code of conduct was violated in their Sindhi-Punjabi wedding.
• On 7 January 2020, she joined the JNU vigil, in which many students were injured in the JNU hostel attacks, to show her support and condemn the brutal attack on JNU students that happened on 5 January 2020. The movie star was in town for the promotion of her movie Chhapaak and visited the protesting students at Jawaharlal Nehru University to express her solidarity against the JNU attack. She said, “I feel angry that this is happening. At the same time, it is a matter of concern that action is not being taken." Social media was abuzz with negative as well as positive comments from netizens with the hashtags ‘boycottchhapaak’ and 'IStandwithDeepika’ trending simultaneously on Twitter. Business Line
• On 21 September 2020, Deepika Padukone's name appeared in the drug probe into Sushant Singh Rajput's death by the Narcotic Control Bureau (NCB). Some news channels indicated her involvement in the drug racket in Bollywood based on WhatsApp chats from October 2017. In the chats, a ‘K’ and a ‘D’ are discussing drug supplies with Sushant’s former manager Jaya Saha; ‘D’ asking for “maal” from ‘K’ who replies that she has it, but it is at home. ‘D’ also then clarifies that she needs “hash” and not “weed” as they plan to meet up at a restaurant. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Nihaar Pandya (Actor)
• Upen Patel (Actor)
• Muzammil Ibrahim (Actor)
• Yuvraj Singh (Cricketer)
• Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
• Siddharth Mallya (Actor)
• Ranveer Singh (Actor)
|Marriage Date||14-15 November 2018|
|Marriage Place||Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy
|Husband/Spouse||Ranveer Singh (m. 2018-present)
|Parents||Father- Prakash Padukone (Former Indian Badminton Player)
Mother- Ujjala Padukone (Worked as a Travel Agent)
Sister- Anisha Padukone (Younger, Golfer)
|Food||Ravioli Bolognese, Pasta, Dal-Chawal, Biryani, Maharashtrian Varan, South Indian Food, Mediterranean Food, Dim Sum, Spaghetti, Pasta, Chocolates|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt, Richard Gere|
|Actresses||Hema Malni, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol|
|Film(s)||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Hollywood: Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Color of Paradise, Cinderella Man
|Singer(s)||A.R. Rahman, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber|
|Fashion Designer(s)||Anju Modi, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal|
|Holiday Destination(s)||France, Maldives|
|Sports||Badminton, Football, Polo|
|Restaurants||• Olive, Mumbai
• Ram and Shyam, Mumbai
• Sunny's, Bengaluru
• Ping Pong, London
• Scalini, London
• Soho House, Toronto
• Mabula, South Africa
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi A8, Mini Cooper, BMW 5-Series
|Assets/Properties||• In September 2021, Deepika and Ranveer bought a massive plot in Alibaug. Women's era
• In December 2022, Ranveer and Deepika bought their first house together after marriage at a whooping price of Rs 119 crores. Reportedly, the property is located near between Salman Khan's Galaxy Apartments and Shah Rukh Khan's Mannat bungalow. Zee News
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 14 Crore/Film (As in 2018)|
|Income (as of 2018)||Rs. 112.8 crore/annum Forbes India|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$20 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepika Padukone
- Deepika was born into a Konkani family in Denmark, but her family moved back to Bengaluru when she was 11 months old.
- She was not a social person at a young age and had very few friends.
- Inspired by her badminton legend father, Prakash Padukone, she started playing badminton at a young age and played State-level badminton till the 10th standard.
- Though she wanted to become a Badminton player, she changed her mind and started modeling.
- In order to become a model, she relocated to Mumbai from Bengaluru and stayed at her aunt’s home.
- Deepika made her first catwalk when she was 17 years old.
- Deepika won the “Model of the Year” award at the 5th annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- In 2004, she came into limelight with her “oof yu maa!” ad for Liril Orange.
- It was Salman Khan who first spotted her talent and offered her a offer me a film, but at that time she had just started her modelling career and wasn’t ready to do films.
- In 2005, she first appeared in the song “Naam Hai Tera” from Himesh Reshammiya‘s hit album ‘Aap Kaa Surroor.’
- She has learned acting skills from Anupam Kher‘s ‘Actor Prepares‘ and dance from Shiamak Davar.
- Though Deepika was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s ‘Saawariya’, Bhansali played it safe and opted for Anil Kapoor‘s daughter’s formula, and replaced her with Sonam Kapoor.
- Farah Khan approached Deepika to sign her for her film ‘Happy New Year‘, but later on the film was canceled (later released in 2014 starring Deepika) and she was later signed up for ‘Om Shanti Om’ (2007), which became a blockbuster and made her star overnight. Reportedly, she wasn’t the first choice for the film Happy New Year (2014), but it was Ankita Lokhande. Koimoi
- In 2008, she was ranked #1 in Indian Maxim’s ‘Hot 100’ list.
- In 2009, Deepika worked as a freelancer writer for HT City, the lifestyle supplement of Hindustan Times.
- For her role as “Suzy” in the film ‘Chandni Chowk to China’ (2009), she learned a Japanese martial art form “Jujutsu”, and performed all the stunts herself.
- In 2010, she adopted a village in Ambegaon, Maharashtra, to provide the villagers with the basic amenities, such as – water and electricity.
- In 2012, she was named ‘India’s Most Beautiful Woman‘ by the Indian edition of People magazine.
- Deepika has a clothing label ‘All About You’, which she launched on Myntra.
- She prefers using the lift rather than the stairs.
- In 2015, she founded the ‘Live Love Laugh Foundation‘, to prevent and deal with depression.
- She was offered a role in ‘Furious 7‘ (2015), but she declined the offer due to other commitments.
- In 2016, she became the highest-paid actress of Bollywood after the grand success of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani.’
- She is very systematic at doing things and has a habit of listing down everything.
- In October 2019, she shared her teacher’s remarks on her Instagram. As per her teacher’s remarks, she used to be very talkative in class.
- Deepika and Ranveer were engaged 4 years before they tied the knot in November 2018.
- Click Here to read the love story of Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.
- In May 2022, she became the first Indian to be signed on as a ‘House Ambassador’ by Louis Vuitton following which she appeared at Louis Vuitton 2023 Cruise Show in San Diego, California on 13 May 2022. Hindustan Times
- In 2023, Deepika played the role of Aishwarya Rathore in the film ‘Jawan.’ While talking about her role, in an interview, she disclosed that she didn’t take any payment for her role and expressed her interest in doing special appearances in many of Shah Rukh Khan‘s films. The Week