|Real Name||Sudin Dhavalikar|
|Full Name||Sudin Madhav Dhavalikar|
|Other Name||Sudin alias Ramkrishna Dhavalikar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party(MGP).
|Political Journey||He has been the Minister in various governments for the last 15 years holding key portfolios.
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICES HELD IN STATE OF GOA
June 2002 to January 2005: Cabinet Minister and held the portfolios of P.W.D., Archives & Archaeology, Museum and Fisheries
February 2005 to March 2005: Cabinet Minister and held the portfolios of Public Works Department, Fisheries, Archives & Archaeology and Museum
June 2005 to June 2007: Cabinet Minister and held the portfolios of Public Works Department, Fisheries, Archives & Archaeology, Museum and Co-operation
June 2007 to July 2007: Cabinet Minister and held the portfolios of Public Works Department, and Science & Technology
March 2008 to February 2012: Cabinet Minister and held the portfolios of Transport, River Navigation Department and Social Welfare
March 2012 to December 2016: Cabinet Minister and held the portfolios of Public Works Department, Transport and River Navigation
March 2017 to March 2019: Cabinet Minister.
March 2017 to March 2019: Cabinet Minister and held the portfolio of Public Works Department, Transport, River Navigation and Museum
March 2012 to December 2016: Ex-Chairman of the Sewerage and Infrastructural Development Corporation
Ex-Chairman of the Economic Development Corporation
Ex-Chairman of the Goa State Scheduled Tribe Finance and Development Corporation Ltd
|Date of Birth||21 November 1956|
|Age (as in 2018)||62 Years|
|School||A.J. De. Almeida High School, Ponda, Goa|
|College||Smt. Parvatibai Chowgule College, Maragao, Goa|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc. Subsidiary in year 1977-78|
|Address||H.No. 184/1, Kurpas, Mahalaxmi, Bandora, Ponda, Goa|
|Interests||Tourism, Sports, Travelling, Reading and Social Activities|
|Controversies||• Aam Aadmi Party once claimed that he lied in his sworn affidavit regarding his educational qualification. Further, Ponda court dismissed the case related to the allegation of the fake degree of PWD minister Sudin Dhavalikar, filed by Aam Aadmi Party.
• He once remarked that Girls wearing short skirts are a threat to Goan Community which later led to demands that he should apologise.
• He said in 2014 that bikinis should be banned on Goa beaches.
• Due to his outspoken nature against BJP, in 2016 he was sacked from Parsekar government in 2016.
• On 28 March 2019, he was removed from the post of Dy. CM of Goa. Goa Art and Culture Minister, Govind Gaude dubbed Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) MLA and Deputy Chief Minister Sudin Dhavalikar as one of the "most corrupt" persons in Goa and he demanded probe into Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA) funded water and sewerage management project on the pretext that it was a time bound project and infrastructural works which were to be completed under the project were still pending. NDTV
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Late Madhav Dhavalikar
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Deepak Dhavalikar
Dr. Sandeep Madhav Dhavalikar
Sister- Not Known
|Car Collection||• Toyota Qualis 1999 model worth ₹7,00,487
• Innova 2010 Model worth ₹10,56,913
• Innova Crysta 2.4V 2016 model worth ₹17,20,400
• Cash: ₹2.5 lakhs
• Bank Deposits: ₹3.5 Crores
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: ₹51.60 Lakhs
• 2 Residential Plots worth ₹2 Crores
|Salary (approx.)||₹44,59,260(in FY 2015-16)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹10,58,74,487|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sudin Dhavalikar
- He’s the member of Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP), the first party formed after the independence of Goa from Portuguese rule in 1961 by military action of India.
- He has played a crucial role in steering party to present-day power even when there were multiple defections in the party. He is known as the power centre of his party (MGP).
- His remarks regarding bikini ban and girls wearing short skirts in Goa led to several politicians and newspapers labelling him as a sexist and racist.
- Designer Wendell Rodricks wrote an open letter to him asking him to wear a loin cloth to work, skip chillies, tomatoes, potatoes, and stop using a table and chair at work if he believes in shunning Western influences and culture. He was also gifted a pink skirt by Congress after his remarks. NDTV
- He also advocates that girls should avoid pubs and abstain from drinking.
- He and his family is a follower of Sanatan Dharma and are joined with an organization of the same.
- At one time he was a staunch opponent of Portugal and when Portuguese PM arrived in India he demanded an apology from him and was against the state receiving him but later on, he went on to sign an MoU with Portugal in the area of Water Supply and Waste Water Management.
- In 2012 in order to form an alliance with BJP, he resigned from the then Congress-led government.
- He is considered a close ally of central cabinet minister Nitin Gadkari.
- On being labelled as an opportunist by BJP and Congress, he remarked, “The Congress and the BJP both grew on the support of the MGP. What is wrong if I used them to grow my party?” INDIA
- His party, MGP, is seen as an anti-Christian party. The party in its past has granted its support to Sanatan Sanstha whose headquarter is based in Marcaim, his own constituency. The party in its past has also demanded suspensions of grants to English medium schools. Defending his support to Sanatan Sanstha, Sudin stated, “It only asks people to come towards Hinduism.” INDIA
- After 2017 Goa assembly elections which resulted in a hung assembly, he was considered as a potential Chief Ministerial candidate.
- MGP used to dominate the Goa politics postcolonial rule and the party was the first ruling party after the end of Portuguese colonial rule. Sudin wishes to bring the party back to power.
- In February 2108, in a bid to take credit for the hot-mixing of roads in Ponda, local MLA Ravi Naik and PWD Minister Sudin Dhavalikar crossed swords at the launching of the work in the town. HERALD