|Ezza Touqeer Khan Facebook
|Titular role in the Star Plus TV serial ‘Imlie’ (2020)
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|TV: Chandragupta Maurya (2011) as Shubhada
Film: Article 15 (2019)
|Date of Birth
|15 November 2003 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Katni, Madhya Pradesh
|Katni, Madhya Pradesh
|NTCC High School in Malad West, Mumbai
|Dancing and Singing
|Relationships & More
|Father- Touqeer Hasan Khan (Choreographer in TV Serials)
Mother- Name Not Known
Note: In June 2023, Sumbul and her sister Saniya announced that their father was set to get married for the second time; the name of his second wife is Nilofar who is separated from her first husband and has a daughter named Izra from the first marriage. India Today
|Sister- Saniya Touqeer (Younger, Actress)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sumbul Touqeer Khan
- Sumbul Touqeer Khan is an Indian film and television actress.
- Her parents got divorced when she was six years old. She even tried to find a suitable match for her father, but her father denied it. The Times of India In an interview, while talking about it, she said,
My parents got divorced when I was six, though life was different yet not difficult as I loved my dad who took care of me and my sister like a father and mother, both. My father used to wake us up for school, get us ready, prepare our breakfast and then after we used to go to school he would go to work. I was very close to my mother till we were in Delhi, my father didn’t have any problems with that. But after we shifted to Mumbai, I lost touch with my mother.”
- Her father worked as a dance choreographer in various dance reality shows. He encouraged his daughter to make their career in the entertainment industry. In an interview, while talking about it, Sumbul said,
My father is a dance choreographer in several dance reality shows and he always wanted his kids to do something big in life. He saw that his kids — my sister and I — had a great interest in dancing so he gave this a thought and finally decided to pack his bags and bring us all to Mumbai from Delhi in 2016 where we could try our luck in the entertainment industry. So this acting ka keeda was basically given to me and my sister (who too is an actress) by our dad. My sister and I did a lot of Krishna and Ram Leela plays in Delhi from where we got inclined towards acting.”
- In an interview, Sumbul shared that people criticised her for making a career as an actor. She said,
Coming from a Muslim background, I did face criticism from the society as they felt that my sister (who’s also an actress) and I shouldn’t join showbiz. They often have misconceptions about the industry and hence feel it isn’t safe for young girls like us. But I would like to talk about the efforts that my father has put in to be the wind beneath our wings. He has supported us like a rock. It is because of his belief in us and our craft that we can make a little mark in the industry. He always has complete faith in our work.”
- She has participated as a contestant in various Indian TV reality shows including ‘DID Lil Masters’ (2015).
- She has acted as a child artist in various Hindi TV serials like ‘Jodha Akbar’ (2013), ‘Waaris’ (2016), and ‘Ishaaron Ishaaron Mein’ (2019).
- She appeared in the Hindi short film ‘Ghar Ki Jyoti’ in 2019.
- She has once featured in the TV commercial for Whisper Choice.
View this post on Instagram
- Sumbul got immense popularity with the Hindi TV serial ‘Imlie’ in which she played the lead role.
- She did her training in acting under Monika Verma’s ‘Sehejmoodra Acting Academy.’
- In 2019, she featured in the popular music video ‘Vaaste’ along with Dhvani Bhanushali.
- In 2022, she participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss’ season 16. The show aired on Colors TV.
- When asked about the qualities she seeks in her husband, Sumbul, in an interview, responded,
There is a very long time for my wedding (laughs) First of all, everything should be very clear in a marriage. I am very clear about myself that I want to work. I believe in equality and I want to go to work if my husband goes to work, with no questions asked. My husband should be there for me when I come back from work, to just ask me about how was my day or if I am alright. He should be emotionally available for me. Even if he is not asking anything, just sitting with me after my long day of work counts.”
- Here’s an interesting video about Sumbul Touqeer Khan’s biography: