Age: 35 Years
Hometown: Rohtak, Haryana
Marital Status: Married
|Birth Name||Amit Anand chantanandblog|
|Nickname||Chant Anand Instagram|
|Profession||Stand-up Comedian, Writer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||YouTube: Dumb Indian Announcements (2015)|
|Date of Birth||15 September 1985 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Rohtak, Haryana, Indian|
|Hometown||Rohtak, Haryana, India|
|School||D A V Centenary Public School, Rohtak|
|College/University||• Kurukshetra University
• Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn||• B.Tech. in Computer Science from Kurukshetra University (2002 - 2006)
• PGDM in Marketing/Finance from Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management (2006 - 2008)
|Hobbies||Playing the Guitar|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||His father is a doctor.|
|Comedian(s)||James Acaster, Daniel Kitson, Hannah Gadsby|
|Car Collection||Hyundai i10|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sumit Anand
- Sumit Anand is a well known comic in the Indian comedy circuit who is known for his laid-back effortless comedy.
- Sumit was born in Haryana and always had a flair for public speaking; however, according to Sumit, he barely used to speak in his native town as he felt uncomfortable while conversating with locals. Later, when he became an established stand-up comedian, in most of his shows, he often started making jokes about the general conversations he had witnessed while growing up in his native place.
- Sumit in his blog (chantanand blog) mentions that his real name is Amit; however, he, later, changed this name because a tea vendor’s son near his house also had the same name and later mocks the classism he showed at a very tender age. He also mentions that his average performance at school usually disappointed his parents and criticizes the Indian educational system in every possible way.
- After completing his MBA, he worked as a Private Wealth Manager in HDFC Bank from June 2008 to August 2009 and as a Portfolio Manager in IndusInd Bank from August 2009 to September 2010 both in New Delhi. He also worked with PaGaLGuY.com as GM in digital sales and marketing from 2010-2015, and then, he went on to work for Ideatory as a Business Consultant. While in college, Sumit actively participated in marketing club, debate, extempore, and improv.
- He started doing stand-up comedy in 2013, and since then, he has performed more than 100 shows all over India (as of 2020) and has been a regular performer on NDTV Prime’s comedy show ‘The Rising Stars of Comedy’. He is one of the few Indian comics who has performed at Melbourne International Comedy Festival (twice) and Soho Theatre in London at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe (world’s largest arts festival).
- Sumit has also worked with Abhishek Upmanyu (another popular Indian stand-up comic) on a special called “The Stupid Show” in 2015.
- Sumit admits that he is anti-social and super lazy, which seems to work for him in his slacker style of comedy that makes people laugh their heads off. His solo shows “Many Mistakes Of My Life” and “Nothing About Godzilla” are very popular, and he often jokes about the Hollywood film Godzilla through his show “Nothing About Godzilla.”
- His YouTube video ‘My Job, My Home & The Maid’ has got more than 12 million views.