|Full Name||Rahul Dua|
|Profession(s)||Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Content Creator|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Debut||Amazon Prime Series: Comicstaan Season-1 (2018)|
|Achievements||• Winner, NDTV Rising Stars of Comedy (2016)
• Winner, Comedy Central Chuckle Hunt (2016)
• 1st Runners Up, Comicstaan Season 01
|Date of Birth||1992|
|Age (as in 2020)||28 Years|
|Hometown||Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
|School||Sacred Heart Convent School, Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
|College/University||• Thapar University, Patiala (2008-2012)
• Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi, India (2012-2015)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Electronics and Communications
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Finance and Marketing LinkedIn
|Hobbies||Watching Netflix and movies, Cooking, Reading, Cycling and Painting|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Kirti Dua (Veterinary doctor)
Mother- Geeta Dua (Teacher at Sat Paul Mittal School)
|Sibling||Brother- Sidharth Dua
|Comedian(s)||Dave Chappelle, James Acaster, and Bill Burr
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Dua
- Rahul Dua is referred to as the brightest comic of the new generation. His genre of comedy is ‘observational comedy’. Dua was an investment banker, who turned into a standup comedian.
- Rahul has always been an extraordinarily intelligent student. He was a topper in school, as well as college. He was a merit scholarship holder at Thapar University, Patiala, where he pursued B.Tech in Electronics and Communications.
- At Thapar University, Rahul won many prizes in film-making, skit, and ad-making competitions.
- Later, Rahul scored 99.4 percentile in CAT (Common Admission Test), an entrance test for MBA, which led to his admission in one of the finest MBA colleges in India, Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi.
- At FMS, he did his summer internship with Motorola Solutions in Gurgaon. Later, he got placed at Citibank, Mumbai, where he worked for approximately 18 months. At Citibank, he started off working as a credit risk officer, and then, went on to become an investment banker. In an interview, he said,
The job was hard, but the best time of my day became the 10-minute break, during which we would make fun of our jobs. I was the clown of the group’.
- From 2015 to 2017, Dua worked as an assistant manager at Star India Private Limited (Star TV). Along with his day job, he managed time for the comic nights at Connaught Place, Delhi.
- Eventually, Dua started getting paid for his performances. It was then that he decided to pursue stand-up comedy as a full-time profession.
Once I started getting paid slots, I decided to quit the job and pursue comedy full-time. Coincidently, when I was serving my notice period, the ad for Comicstaan came out’.
- Later, in 2018, Dua participated in ‘Comicstaan’, an Indian stand-up comedy competition television series, where he secured the title of first runner-up. ‘Comicstaan’ attracted a lot of fame for Dua, and he became a prominent face in the comedy industry.
- Nishant Suri, the winner of ‘Comicstaan’ season 1, along with Rahul Dua, toured across the country for a Dua-Suri Show, a showcase of 30 minutes each.
- After the success of Dua-Suri show in 2018-19, Rahul dua came with a brand new stand-up comedy special for 2019-20 called ‘Oh Hello!’.
References/Sources: [ + ]