Education: Post Graduate
Marital Status: Married
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Associated with||• Brainvisa Technologies (2000-2009)
• FristCry (founded in 2010)
|College/University||• Delhi College of Engineering
• Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Tech in mechanical engineering from Delhi College of Engineering (1991)
• Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (1997) Supam Maheshwari- Linkedin
|Hobbies||Reading and playing Squash|
|Controversy||• Inquiry for $50 million tax evasion:
According to Bloomberg, in 2023, Supam Maheshwari was investigated by the Income Tax Department of India for allegedly failing to pay $50 million in taxes on equity transactions at privately-held FirstCry. At least six investors in FirstCry, including private equity firm ChrysCapital Management Co and Sunil Bharti Mittal’s family office, were also called in for questioning.Supam Maheshwari did not issue a statement, but was reportedly in contact with the Income Tax Department of India to resolve the issue. Business Today
|Relationships & More|
|Children||He has a daughter.|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$190 million
Note: Supam Maheshwari's estimated net worth was for the year 2023.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Supam Maheshwari
- Supam Maheshwari is an Indian entrepreneur and businessman. He has founded various successful ventures like Brainvisa Technologies and FirstCry.
- After completing his post-graduation, he did not join any company like other students but became an entrepreneur.
- He started working on the Ed-Tech Brainvisa Technologies and launched it in 2000. He sold Brainvisa Technologies to a US-based company, Indecomm Global Services for $25 million in 2007. He continued managing it till December 2009 and left after.
- In 2010, he developed Brainbees.com and launched the baby product company FirstCry in India as the Co-founder and CEO of FirstCry. Amitava Saha was the other founder of the company.
- When Supam Maheshwari became a parent and felt that there was a lack of good-quality baby products in the market, he decided to build a company dedicated to high-quality kids’ products.
- In 2013, FirstCry won the Most Popular Online Site award at the Child Awards, Delhi.
- In 2020, FirstCry became a Unicorn and its estimated valuation was $2.7 billion in 2023.
- Mahindra Retails held 10.48% of the shares and Mahindra Engineering and Chemical Products held 3.11% of the shares of FirstCry in 2021.
- FirstCry launched BabyHug and CuteWalk private labels to sell kids’ clothes and footwear.