Age: 64 Years
Caste: Modh Bania
|Full Name||Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 169 cm
in meters- 1.69 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6½”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||19 April 1957|
|Age (as of 2021)||64 Years|
|Birthplace||Aden, Colony of Aden (now Yemen)|
|School||Hill Grange High School, Peddar Road, Mumbai, India|
|College||Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai, India
Stanford University, California, USA
|Educational Qualifications||BE degree in Chemical Engineering
MBA from Stanford University (discontinued)
|Family||Father- Dhirubhai Ambani (Indian Business Tycoon)
Mother- Kokilaben Ambani
Brother- Anil Ambani (Indian Businessman)
Sisters- Nina Kothari (Industrialist), Deepti Salgaonkar
|Caste||Vaishya (Gujarati Modh Bania)|
|Hobbies||Reading, Hanging out with friends, Watching movies, Jungle adventure, Listening to old Hindi songs, swimming, doing long-walks|
|Controversies||• He is often criticized for manipulating bureaucrats.
• In 2004, he was criticized for his feud with his younger brother, Anil Ambani, for control over Reliance Industries.
|Food||Idli Saambhar (South Indian Cuisine), Paanki (a Gujarati recipe), Dosa, Gujarati Cuisines, Roasted Groundnuts|
|Restaurant||Mysore Cafe, Matunga, Mumbai|
|Businessman||Dhirubhai Ambani and Anand Mahindra|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||8 March 1985|
|Children||Sons- Akash Ambani, Anant Ambani
Daughter- Isha Ambani
|Grandchildren||His son Akash Ambani and daughter-in-law Shloka Mehta welcomed their first child together, a son, on 10 December 2020.
|Salary (as of 2021)||Rs. 15 crore/annum The Hindu
Note: He voluntarily gave up remuneration in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. In its annual report, Reliance said Mr. Ambani's remuneration for financial year 2020-21 was "nil." The Hindu
|Net Worth (approx.)||$49.2 billion (as in 2020) The Economic Times|
|Cars Collection||Bentley Flying Spur, Rolls Royce Phantom, Mercedes Benz S Class, Maybach 62, BMW 760li|
|Jet Collection||Boeing Business Jet 2, Falcon 900EX, Airbus 319 Corporate Jet|
|House/Estate||• A 27-story house, Antilia, worth $1 billion (approx.)
• Stoke Park, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom (Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries Ltd bought this iconic country club and luxury golf resort of Britain for 57 million pounds (about Rs. 592 crore) The Hindu
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mukesh Ambani
- Does Mukesh Ambani smoke?: No
- Does Mukesh Ambani drink alcohol?: No
- He was born in a lower-middle-class family to Kokilaben and Dhirubhai Ambani.
- He lived in a two-bedroom apartment along with his parents and siblings in a modest area in Mumbai.
- He loved hockey in his schooldays.
- Anand Jain, Adi Godrej, and Anand Mahindra were his schoolmates and are some of his best friends.
- At the age of 17 or 18, his father made him a Board Member.
- He is considered as a nervous public speaker.
- He discontinued his MBA from Stanford University in 1980 as his father called him to join him in establishing a PFY manufacturing plant.
- He established the world’s largest refinery on 14 July 1999 at Jamnagar in Gujarat.
- In 2005, Reliance was divided between Mukesh Ambani and his younger brother Anil Ambani after three years of the death of their father.
- He started a super-market chain- Reliance Fresh in 2006, and by 2014, it grew to more than 700 stores throughout India.
- He loves to wear a white shirt and dark trousers with a tie on most of the occasions.
- He loves branded cars and has a huge collection of them. His favorite car is Maybach.
- He has a collection of Private Jet planes and has gifted an Airbus to his wife on her 44th birthday.
- He owns world’s most expensive house- Antilia (27 story house in South Mumbai) worth $1 billion with 600 staffs.
- He is considered the richest Indian in the world.
- He owns a vanity van worth more than 25 Crores.
- During an interview, he revealed that he never carries cash or credit cards as somebody always paid for him. He said, “Money has never meant much to me.. I abhor the labels and the titles that all of you refer to me.”
- On 22 April 2020, he became the richest person in Asia after a deal with Mark Zuckerberg‘s Facebook Inc. that bought about 10% of Jio platforms. With a net worth of $49.2 billion, he surpassed China’s Jack Ma as Asia’s richest person. The Economic Times