Hometown: Narnaul, Haryana
Age: 17 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|NEET UG 2022|
|NEET AI Rank||1|
Biology (Botany & Zoology)- 99.9885525
|Date of Birth||14 September 2005 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||17 Years|
|Hometown||Narnaul, Mahendragarh, Haryana|
|School||Yaduvanshi Shiksha Niketan, Narnaul|
|Educational Qualification||In 2022, she secured All India Rank (AIR) 1 in the pre-medical entrance test NEET. India Today|
|Caste||OBC-NCL The Indian Express|
|Parents||Father- Krishan Kumar
Mother- Sarita Kumari
Note: Tanishka's parents are both teachers at a government school.
|Siblings||She has two younger siblings, a sister and a brother. As of 2022, her brother studies in class 3 and her sister is in class 9.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tanishka
- Tanishka is an Indian student who topped the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET-UG 2022 securing All India Rank (AIR) 1. Tanishka became the first ever topper from the OBC-NCL category. Apart from her extraordinary performance in NEET UG, Tanishka also performed well in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main in which she scored an impressive 99.50 percentile.
- She grew up in Narnaul, Haryana.
- Her parents changed her school when she was in class 2. In an interview, she revealed that she was an average student till class 8. It was after that she started chasing academic excellence.
- In February 2021, when she was in class 11, she moved to Kota, Rajasthan, where she prepared for NEET-UG at Allen Career Institute. While talking about the institute, she said,
I have been a classroom student of Allen for the last two years. The atmosphere of Kota and Allen’s name was heard a lot. So, I decided to come to Kota to prepare for NEET.”
- In the interview, she also said that she chose to study medicine because “it is such a field in which you can establish yourself by helping others.”
- She scored 98.6 per cent marks in her Class 12 Board exams and 96.4 per cent in Class 10.
- The NEET-UG 2022 exam was held on 17 July 2022 in which 18 lakh 72 thousand 342 students had registered. The result was declared on 7 September 2022.
- Tanishka obtained the same marks, 715 marks out of 720, as the three other NEET candidates, Vatsa Ashish Batra (Dehli), Hrishikesh Nagabhushan Gangule, and Rucha Pawashe (Karnataka). However, the National Testing Agency (NTA) did not jointly award the first rank to all four. Instead, NTA using its tie-breaker policy awarded the first rank to Tanishka. Meanwhile, the second rank to Vatsa Ashish Batra from Delhi, the third position to Hrishikesh Nagbhushan Gangule and AIR 4 to Rucha Pawashe from Karnataka.
- In an interview after NEET-UG 2022 result, Tanishka revealed that she aimed to pursue MBBS from Delhi AIIMS, and wanted to pursue a specialisation in cardio, neuro or oncology.
- Tanishka’s mother, during an interview, revealed that her Tanishka maternal grandmother died of cancer. The incident led to the origin of Tanishka’s dream of becoming a doctor.