|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
• Hindi-Chak De! India (2007) as Balbir Kaur
• Punjabi- Love Yoou Soniye (2013)
TV: Palampur Express (2009) as Paramjeet Kaur on Sony
|Date of Birth||8 January 1986 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Abohar, Punjab, India|
|School||LRS DAV Sen Sec Model School, Abohar, Punjab|
|College/University||MCM DAV College for Women, Chandigarh
Note: She secured admission in MCM DAV College for Women through sports quota. YouTube - Channel Punjabi
|Educational Qualification||A bachelor's degree in Economics and Political Science (2008) YouTube - Channel Punjabi|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aashish Verma (image in Husband/Spouse section)|
|Marriage Date||9 February 2023|
|Parents||Father- Ramakrishan Abrol
Mother- Sarita Abrol
|Siblings||Brother- Parul Abrol, Nitin Abrol
|Other Relatives||Maternal Grandfather- Dharamveer Tuli (former army officer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tanya Abrol
- Tanya Abrol is an Indian actress who is known for playing the role of Balbir Kaur in the 2007 Bollywood sports drama film Chak De! India.
- In 2007, she became the recipient of the Screen Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
- Abrol actively participated in the extra curriculum activities and sports during her school and college days. She used to play multiple sports like basketball and judo. In an interview, she talked about the same and said,
I have always been into sports and I have played nationals in Judo while I was in college. I started off with basketball and then played state-level basketball, shot-put throw and disc throw AND later on softball! That’s how, while I was in second year of my graduation, got the opportunity to audition for a film for Yashraj with Shah Rukh Khan.”
- In an interview, she called herself an “accidental actor” and revealed that she went to audition for Chak De! India just to get a day out of her hostel. However, she had to audition for it as it was mandatory. She said,
Our head of sports department told us all the sports girls must audition because its a sports film. I was in Girls hostel and it was very strict . I just went for fun to audition at Tagore theatre in Chandigarh, so that we all will get to hang ‘OUT’ of the hostel ! Little did I know that I would be short listed and will be called to the tinsel town.”
- Before starring in Palampur Express (2009), Tanya Abrol hosted a TV show titled Star Sabse Favourite Kon. Impressed by Tanya, the makers of Star Sabse Favourite Kon offered her the role of Paramjeet Kaur in Palampur Express.
- In 2014, she appeared in the romance anthology series Yeh Hai Aashiqui, which aired on the Bindass channel. She played the role of a Punjabi girl Santosh who falls in love with a Sikkimese boy named Jigme (played by Meiyang Chang).
- She played the role of Pam in the Indian sitcom Best of Luck Nikki, which aired on Disney Channel (2011-2016).
- She played Inspector Jaywanti Shinde in various episodes of the TV show C.I.D. between 2014 and 2016.
- From 2010 to 2014, Abrol starred in the theatrical production Get Rid of My Wife as an inspector, sharing the stage with Smita Bansal and Nasir Khan. The play was written and directed by Paritosh Painter.
- In 2011, she appeared in the multilingual film Miley Naa Miley Hum as Avneet.
- In 2016, she appeared in the Punjabi film Aatishbaazi Ishq.
- In 2018, she was a part of the Lucknow Nawabs team in the Indian sports reality TV show Box Cricket League (BCL), which aired on MTV India. Lucknow Nawabs defeated the two-time champions Delhi Dragons and emerged as the winners of Season 3 and Abrol won the title of Girl of the Match.
- In the 2020 Hindi horror thriller film Durgamati: The Myth, Tanya played the role of PSI Peetal Devi.
- In the Hindi romantic comedy Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui (2021), Tanya played the role of Preet Munjal, the elder sister of Manu (played by Ayushmann Khurrana)
- Other TV shows in which she appeared include Kuch Toh Log Kahengey (2011), Oye Bunty Babloo Oye (2011), Savdhaan India (2012), and Mauka-E-Vardaat (2021).
- Tanya Abrol enjoys consuming alcoholic beverages.
- In 2021, she joined the cast of the TV show Maddam Sir on Sony SAB. She played the role of Dipti in a few episodes that highlighted the case of daughters’ rights to the ancestral property after marriage.
- In an interview, Tanya revealed that she made acquaintance with Ashish Verma at a party. Their mutual friends suggested that they should date each other. Although they did not consider it at first, they became really good friends. Later one day Tanya told Ashish that somebody had asked her out on a date. That’s when Ashish confessed his feelings for Tanya. While recalling the same she said,
When I told him that I had agreed to go on a date, he didn’t say anything, as he is an introvert. That’s when I asked him if he felt bad about me going on a date. At that point, though there was a bit of healthy flirting between us, I didn’t exactly know where we stood. He said, ‘Maybe, you shouldn’t go on any date. I think we should date.’ I replied, ‘Thank you, what a proposal. Every girl dreams of such a proposal.”
The two tied the knot after dating for two years.
- In an interview, she revealed that she aspired to become an IAS officer. However, she was in her second year of college when she auditioned for Chak De! India.
- She likes reading short stories by Ruskin Bond. In an interview she said,
I like short stories by Ruskin Bond because firstly a lot of stories are about his experience in India! Its simple and straightforward! Also its not a lengthy read !”
- In 2021, she was honoured at Mahila Shakti Puraskarn (2021) on the occasion of International Women’s Day.