|Profession(s)||Writer, Keynote Speaker, Businessman & Politician|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• Sanjay Jha joined the Indian National Congress (INC) in 2012.
• He served as the national spokesperson of the Indian National Congress (INC) from 2013 to 2020.
• On 17 June 2020, he was dropped from the position of the Indian National Congress's national spokesperson.
• On 14 July 2020, he was expelled from the Indian National Congress Party for “anti-party activities” and “breach of discipline.”
|Birthplace||Gangtok, Sikkim, India|
|School||Bishop's School, Pune (1967 – 1974)|
|College/University||• Fergusson College, Pune (1977-1980)
• Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, University of Pune (1980-1982)
• University of Patna
• XLRI, Jamshedpur (1984-1986)
|• Graduation in Economics from Fergusson College, Pune
• Master's in Economics from University of Pune
• PhD in Economics from University of Patna
• MBA in HR from XLRI, Jamshedpur
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Sanjay Jha Instagram
|Controversies||• On 25 April 2014, Sanjay Jha posted a tweet claiming Subramanian Swamy was a CIA agent. In the aftermath, Swamy filed a 3 crore defamation lawsuit against Jha. Consequently, Jha extended an apology for his "CIA remark." The Times of India
• In November 2017, Sanjay Jha retweeted a Twitter post showing a morphed picture of a police officer kneeling before the BJP leader Rajnath Singh. Sanjay deleted the post and apologised for the same after he was heavily trolled on the internet. Alt News
• On 28 March 2019, Sanjay Jha posted a derogatory tweet about the Indian PM, Narendra Modi, which read "He has white hair. But he sounds more like a blonde." The post drew wide criticism and Jha had to face a heavy backlash on the internet for passing the sexist jibe at Narendra Modi. Sanjay Jha Twitter
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Daughters- Maithili Jha and Mohini Jha
|Parents||Father- Diwakar Jha (Professor)
Mother- Name not known
|Siblings||Brother- Vibhuti Jha
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjay Jha
- A proud believer of Gandhi and Nehru’s ideology, Sanjay Jha is an Indian writer, entrepreneur, keynote speaker, and politician. He is best known for serving as the national spokesperson of the Indian National Congress (INC), a post that he held from 2013 to 2020. Sanjay Jha is also the Executive Director of the world-famous Dale Carnegie Training operations in India.
- Sanjay’s father, who was a big admirer of the heroes of India’s freedom struggle, used to gift books of freedom struggle to Sanjay on his birthday every year. He grew up reading books like “Discovery of India” by Jawaharlal Nehru and “The story of My Experiments with Truth” by Mahatma Gandhi. Upon reading those books, somewhere down the line, Sanjay got swayed by the ideology of Congress.
- Sanjay was a brilliant student throughout his academic life. While studying in school, he received several awards for academic excellence. Also, he graduated with distinction in Economics, and the academic glory continued till the time he finished his formal education.
- Sanjay started his corporate career as a sales executive at the Bharat Petroleum. Thereafter, he held various superior positions at several corporate giants. He was the vice president of Alliance Capital (Mumbai), an asset management company, from 1993 to 1996. He held the post of senior vice president at another investment management firm, ITC-Threadneedle (Mumbai), from 1996 to 1997. Sanjay Jha LinkedIn
- In 2000, he launched a cricket web portal, CricketNext.com, which featured everything about cricket from news to live coverage of cricket matches. The website was sold to the Network 18 Media Group in 2012, prior to Sanjay’s entry in politics. Sanjay Jha LinkedIn
- Sanjay ventured into politics by joining the Indian National Congress (INC) Party in 2012. In 2013, he was chosen as the national spokesperson for the INC. He represented the party on English TV news channel debates and panel discussions; however, he was never seen sharing the stage with political leaders of the party.
- After a thumping loss of the INC in 2014 and 2019 general elections, Sanjay became a vocal critic of the party’s family culture. He questioned the high command on its laid-back and status-quoist approach. He demanded internal democracy and progressive reforms in the party. Sanjay also claimed that the INC had moved away from its core principles on which Gandhi and Nehru wanted to build the nation, India.
- Allegedly, his outspoken criticism of the high command led to his removal from the post of the national spokesperson of the Indian National Congress (INC) in June 2020.
Important Notification pic.twitter.com/fnXef53B7A
— INC Sandesh (@INCSandesh) June 17, 2020
- His journey with the party officially ended when he was also sacked from the primary membership of the INC on 15 July 2020 for “anti-party activities and breach of discipline.”
Shri Sanjay Jha has been suspended from the Congress Party with immediate effect for anti-party activities and breach of discipline. pic.twitter.com/TaT0gWbCc7
— Maharashtra Congress (@INCMaharashtra) July 14, 2020
- Jha was also the president of the All India Professionals’ Congress (Mumbai) from 2017 until he voluntarily resigned from the post in July 2020. Sanjay Jha Twitter
- Sanjay, a sports enthusiast, has penned a cricket ethology, 11 Triumphs, Trials and Turbulence: Indian cricket, 2003-2010. The book recalls significant events from cricket that happened between 2003 to 2010, including nail-biting matches, amazing victories, heartbreaking failures, controversies, wicked politics, India’s victory in the 2007 T20 World Cup, and rise of the IPL.
- Sanjay has also co-authored a motivational book, Superstar Syndrome: The Making of a Champion, in collaboration with a Harvard Medical School Professor, Dr. Myra S. White. The book brings out the essential qualities possessed by every established leader. Launched in 2013, the book featured in the Crossword Bestseller list.
- Since his school days, Sanjay has been an athletic person. Even today, after being more than 50 years old, he is a decent club level Tennis player.
- Sanjay Jha is a dog lover. He often shares pictures with his dogs on his social media accounts.