Some Lesser Known Facts About Tarek Fatah
- Does Tarek Fatah smoke?: Not Known
- Does Tarek Fatah drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- Tarek Fatah is the Pakistani-born Canadian writer, broadcaster, secularist and liberal activist.
- During the 1960s, he was the leftist student leader.
- Fatah became a reporter for the Karachi Sun in 1970 and was an investigative journalist for Pakistan Television.
- He settled in Saudi Arabia and left Pakistan. Finally, He settled in Canada in 1987.
- For his introduction, he says- “I am an Indian born in Pakistan, a Punjabi born in Islam; an immigrant in Canada with a Muslim consciousness, grounded in a Marxist youth. I am one of Salman Rushdie’s many Midnight’s Children: we were snatched from the cradle of a great civilization and made permanent refugees, sent in search of an oasis that turned out to be a mirage.”
- Fatah became the Member of Ontario New Democratic Party (NDP) and worked on the staff of Premier Bob Rae.
- From 1996 until 2006, Fatah hosted Muslim Chronicle, a weekly Toronto-based current affairs discussion show on CTS and VisionTV which focussed on the Muslim community.
- In 2001, Fatah founded Muslim Canadian Congress. He spoke out against the introduction of Sharia law.
- In 2008, Fatah’s book Chasing a Mirage: The Tragic Illusion of an Islamic State was published. He has published many other books also like The Jew Is Not My Enemy: Unveiling the Myths that Fuel Muslim Anti-Semitism in 2010. This Book won the 2010 Annual Helen and Stan Vine Canadian Book Award in Politics and History.
- Fatah was awarded the Helen and Stan Vine Canadian Book Award in Politics and History.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡