Age: 23 Years
Hometown: Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Marital Status: Unmarrried
|Vaikuntha Vasan India Today
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• On 8 October 2022, TTF Vasan, along with S. Ganesh Babu, rode non-stop from Tamil Nadu to Kashmir, which was 3500 Km, in 1 and a half days (39 hours), creating a new world record which was registered in Kalams World Records.
• He received the Favourite Travel Vlogger Award at the Black Sheep Digital Awards 2022.
|Date of Birth
|29 June 2000 (Thursday)
|Age (as of 2023)
|Velliangadu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
|Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
|Hinduism Twin Throttlers - YouTube
|In December 2022, he got a tattoo on his back which featured the faces of his 40 fans.
|• A Thread of Traffic Rule Violations: In September 2022, a video went viral on the internet in which TTF Vasan can be seen speeding at over 150 kmph on the main road in Coimbatore violating traffic rules and causing a threat to other motorists. He was riding on the Palakkad Main Road with popular influencer G P Muthu, who was seen without a helmet. Vasan was booked Tuesday under Section 279 (rash driving) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Section 184 (dangerous driving) of the Motor Vehicles Act. In December 2022, Vasan and 300 others faced legal action for causing traffic disruptions in Cuddalore. This incident occurred while Vasan was on his way to the inauguration of director Chellam Senthil's office. Along the way, more than 300 youths on motorcycles joined him, which resulted in the slowing down of traffic in various parts of the town. The police stated that they had not granted permission for this motorcycle rally. Following a complaint made by Sub-Inspector Kathiravan, the police filed a case against Vasan, Senthil, and others under various sections, including Sections 143 (unlawful assembly), 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant), 283 (danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint). Additionally, they were charged under Section 4 of the Tamil Nadu Open Places (Prevention of Disfigurement) Act. The Hindu On 15 June 2023, Vasan was fined for exceeding the speed limit while he was on a tour in the Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu. Some police personnel tried to stop him at Hill Bunk near Ooty, but he escaped. Consequently, these police personnel alerted the nearby Pudumund Police, who were positioned along Vasan's route. ASI Senthil Kumar captured Vasan and imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on him for speeding. Vasan received criticism for a video in which he was seen waving and smiling at the camera filming him while being fined by the police. The News Minute
• Booked for Threatening Journalist: In March 2023, he was booked under sections 294 (b) (uttering obscene words) and 506 (i) (criminal intimidation) of IPC. Previously, a YouTuber and journalist named Madan Ravichandran had released a video in which he interviewed Vasan about his alleged traffic violations. In response to that, Vasan uploaded a video on his channel in which he issued life threats to Ravichandran and also used derogatory language against the police department. The New Indian Express
• Driving License Suspension For 10 years: On September 17, 2023, TTF Vasan had an accident when he lost control of his bike while performing a wheelie in his Suzuki Hayabusa bike near Kancheepuram, on a service road connected to the Chennai-Vellore national highway. The video footage of the incident quickly gained widespread attention on various social media platforms. Despite the severity of the stunt, Vasan escaped the accident with minor injuries as he was wearing expensive safety gear. Nevertheless, the police took legal action against him, charging him under section 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code. Subsequently, on September 19, he was taken into custody. The Madras High Court, in a bail hearing, refused to grant him bail. During the bail hearing, the additional public prosecutor pointed out that Vasan's online stunts had a negative influence on the youth, leading to crimes like chain snatching and reckless driving on public roads. After careful consideration of the arguments presented, Justice CV Karthikeyan declined to grant bail to TTF Vasan, emphasizing that it was important for him to learn a lesson from this incident. In October 2023, The Tamil Nadu Transport Department suspended his driving license for a period of 10 years keeping in mind the interest of the public. The order came after the superintendent of police, Kancheepuram, wrote a letter to the Regional Transport Officer (RTO) that the vlogger was a habitual offender. The Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More
|Father- Name Not Known (deceased; police officer)
|He has a sister.
|• TVS XL50
• Royal Enfield Classic 350
• TVS Apache RTR 160
• Yamaha YZF-R15
• Kawasaki Z900
Some Lesser Known Facts About TTF Vasan
- TTF Vasan is an Indian actor and motovlogger who is known for his YouTube channel Twin Throttlers. He is notorious for violating traffic rules while shooting his vlogs and performing stunts on public roads. In October 2023, he made headlines when the Tamil Nadu transport department suspended his driving license for a period of 10 years for being a habitual offender.
- He grew up in Velliangadu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- He established his YouTube channel Twin Throttlers in 2020. It features videos of him performing bike stunts, races, and wheelies on public roads. Apart from that, he also posts his various motorcycle travel and daily lifestyle vlogs on the channel.
- Soon, he became popular, and he received YouTube’s Silver Play Button for his channel in 2021.
- He called his fanbase Twin Throttlers Family (TTF) and also prefixed the same before his name.
- Vasan ventured into acting when he was cast in the lead role in the Tamil film Manjal Veeran. Produced by The Budget Company, the film’s poster was released on 29 June 2023, Vasan’s birthday. In the poster, Vasan can be seen riding a bullet and doing a wheelie while wielding a mace.
- In January 2023, a car in which Vasan was travelling was seized by the Chennai police in Kodambakkam for not having a number plate. Reportedly, Vasan was not driving the car himself. The driver, Praveen, was also fined for not carrying his driver’s licence. The News Minute
- In July 2023, a car in which Vasan was travelling crashed into a two-wheeler on Nelson Manickam Road in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Reportedly, the person riding the two-wheeler got hurt, but Vasan, along with Chellam Senthil (the director of Vasan’s first movie, Manjal Veeran), and another friend who was in the car didn’t suffer any injuries. Right after the accident, Vasan called for an auto-rickshaw and left the scene. Allegedly, Senthil was driving the car overspeed, and he lost control, hitting a pole near a gas station after hitting the motorcyclist. A video of Vasan getting into a heated argument with the person who was filming the incident went viral on social media.
- His motovlogging career came to an end in October 2023 when his license was suspended for 10 years after he met with an accident due to rash driving.
- The motorcycle Vasan was riding during the accident was worth Rs 20 lakh and his riding gear cost around Rs 2 lakh. Despite his request for bail, the Madras High Court rejected his plea. Justice C.V. Karthikeyan decided not to grant bail to the motorcyclist based on the arguments presented by the Additional Public Prosecutor. The prosecutor pointed out that Vasan had around 4.5 million young followers who admired him and influenced their parents to purchase expensive motorcycles worth lakhs of rupees. Some of these followers even misused these motorcycles for activities such as chain snatching and reckless driving on public roads, thereby putting other drivers and pedestrians in danger.