|Famous Role||'Komolika Basu' in the TV serial "Kasautii Zindagii Kay"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown (Dyed)|
|Debut||TV: Waqt Ki Raftar (1997)|
|Awards||• Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress In Negative Role for Komolika Basu in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007
• ITA Milestone Award for Komolika Basu in 2010
|Date of Birth||9 July 1979|
|Age (as in 2019)||40 Years|
|Tattoo(s)||• On Her Right Forearm: "Believe...Always & Forever"
• On Her Back: Mermaid and Yin Yang
• Behind Her Ear: Constellation of Her Sun Sign- Cancer
|Controversies||• Urvashi Dholakia got into a war of words with Gauhar Khan on Twitter.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Anuj Sachdeva (Actor) (Ex-Boyfriend)|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Sons (Twins)- Sagar Dholakia (Assistant Director), Kshitij Dholakia
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Passed Away)
Mother- Kaushal Dholakia
|Siblings||Brother- Anurup Dholakia
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite Food||Fried Idli|
|Favourite TV Show||American: Big Brother
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi|
|Favourite Destinations||Dubai, London|
|Favourite Restaurant||White Rose Cafe in Andheri West (Mumbai)|
|Favourite Quote||"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom” - Anais Nin|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Urvashi Dholakia
- Does Urvashi Dholakia smoke?: Not Known
- Urvashi Dholakia did a TV commercial for Lux soap at the age of six.
- Dholakia began acting was when she was 11 years old. She was a part of Nadira Babbar’s theatre group “Ekjute.”
- She made her television debut in 1993 at the age of 14 with the TV serial- “Dekh Bhai Dekh.” After working in “Dekh Bhai Dekh,” she appeared in “Zamana Badal Gaya.”
View this post on Instagram
BHLASTTTT FROM THE PASSSTTT ???? #zamanaBadalGaya #Sitcom #tvseries #1994 #uff #teenageyears #cherisheverymoment #lovemylife #thankful #gratitude #?? #nothingcanstopme #iwillkeepmovingforward #tillmylastbreath #thisisme #urvashidholakia9 #believer #dreamer #live #love #laugh #❤️
- Urvashi was born in a Hindu Family to a Punjabi mother and Gujarati father.
- She got married at the age of sixteen and by the age of 19, she became a mother to twin sons. Her marriage did not work out and she parted ways within two years of her marriage. She has raised her sons singlehandedly.
- She garnered immense popularity by playing the role of ‘Komolika Basu’ in Star Plus’ TV serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay.”
- In 2012, she was the winner of one of India’s most controversial shows- Bigg Boss season 6.
- Dholakia took a two-year hiatus from the entertainment industry after winning Bigg Boss-6 as she wanted to be with her teenage sons.
- She has worked in many TV serials including “Ghar Ek Mandir,” “Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii,” “Kasautii Zindagii Kay,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Mehndi Tere Naam Kii” among others. She is best-known for the negative roles played by her. Urvashi’s favourite character till date is that of “Pooja” which she portrayed in “Mehndi Tere Naam Kii.”
- Urvashi is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer.
- In 2017, she worked in ColorsTV’s serial “Chandrakanta” in which she appeared in the role of Queen Iravati.
- In 2019, Urvashi appeared in season 9 of the dance reality show “Nach Baliye” with her ex-boyfriend, Anuj Sachdeva.
- Urvashi has a Siberian Husky named Jaeger.
- Here’s an interesting video about Urvashi Dholakia’s biography: