Marriage Date: 9 July 1980
|Real Name||Poonam Sinha (née Chandiramani)|
|Profession||Actor turned Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 176 cm
in meters- 1.76 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-80 kg
in pounds-176 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-36|
|Debut||Film: Jigri Dost (1969)
|Awards||Miss Young India in 1968|
|Date of Birth||3 November 1949|
|Age (as in 2018)||69 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Address||104, Green Star Apartments, Rizvi Complex, Sherly Rajan Road, Pali Hill, Mumbai 400050|
|Hobbies||Reading books and cooking|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||9 July 1980|
• Luv Sinha (Actor)
• Kush Sinha (Actor)
Sonakshi Sinha (Actor)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Pahlaj Nihalani (cousin) (film producer)
Sister- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Poonam Sinha
- Poonam Sinha is a popular Indian actress and model best known as the star wife of actor turned politician Shatrughan Sinha.
- She was born in Hyderabad to a Hindu Sindhi family as Poonam Chandiramani.
- She acted in the Bollywood under the screen name Komal and made her debut with the film Jigri Dost released in 1969. She was crowned Miss Young India in 1968. She worked in minor roles in Hindi movies and has also produced two films, namely Prem Geet in 1981 and Mera Dil Leke Dekho in 2006. Wikipedia
- She first met Shatrughan Sinha on the midnight of 27 June 1965 when she was travelling from Patna to Mumbai after attending a wedding at her home. Shatrughan Sinha was travelling to Pune to join FTII for a course in acting. Telegraph India
- Their berths were opposite to each other and both of them were crying and sobbing because both of them were leaving their secure households.
- At the time of their first meeting, Poonam was 12 years old and Shatrughan was 18 years old. In a magazine interview, he highlighted the details of their first meeting. He said that Poonam was wearing a skirt as she was still in school and he was wearing casuals. Magna Mags
- He also said that he touched her feet when the train was passing through a tunnel to check that if she was real because he thought that she was too beautiful to be real. Shatru even wrote sweet nothings on the Madhuri magazine and gave it to Poonam at the station, which she flung away.
- However, they met again after Shatru had graduated from FTII and Poonam had been crowned Miss Young India. They came across at the mahurat of Shatrughan Sinha’s film Mere Mehboob. When they realised that they knew each other, they started meeting and got into the relationship.
- Initially, Poonam’s mother didn’t approve of their relationship and was not ready to marry off Poonam to an actor but due to the persistence of Shatrughan, they got married after 7 years of relationship on 9 July 1980. Shatrughan Sinha calls those 14 years as “years of exile” Magna Mags
- On 16 April 2019, Poonam Sinha left BJP and joined the Samajwadi Party in presence of Dimple Yadav and got the ticket from the party to contest the elections from the Lucknow against the Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh. Rediff
References/Sources: [ + ]
|3, 4.||↑||Magna Mags|