|Full Name||Pendyala Varavara Rao|
|Profession(s)||Activist, Poet, Journalist, Literary Critic, and Public Speaker|
|Famous For||Being a Naxalite Sympathiser|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 155 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||3 November 1940|
|Age (as in 2017)||77 Years|
|Birthplace||Chinna Pendyala, Warangal, Telangana|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Chinna Pendyala, Warangal, Telangana|
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Arts|
|Controversies||• In 1973, he was arrested under the Maintenance of Internal Security Act after his literary activity enraged the Andhra Government. He was released later after a month.
• In August 2018, he was arrested along with his daughters and sons in law on the charge of plotting to assassinate Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Anala and Pavana
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Varavara Rao
- He grew up in a middle-class Telugu family.
- He started publishing his poetry in 1957.
- In 1960, he finished his masters in Telugu Literature from Osmania University. He then studied traditional literary forms and criticism.
- He became a lecturer at a private college in Siddipet, Medak.
- He then switched many jobs, and at last, settled in Chanda Kanthaiah Memorial College, where he joined as a lecturer and later became its Principal.
- He wanted to propagate modern Telugu literature and hence formed a group by the name of Saahithee Mithrulu; meaning friends of literature. It was initially devoted to modern literature without any outspoken commitment towards any particular philosophical outlook.
- That period was later followed by polarisation. This paved the path of rebellion and Varavara was the moving force behind the group; becoming Thirugubatu Kavulu (rebel poets).
- Naxalism started growing and violence against the government started spreading. He showed his sympathy and solidarity to the fighting masses publicly.
- He has been behind bars a numerous number of times, but that hasn’t deterred him from his ideologies. He was in and out of the jail during 1973-1975 on the accounts of disrupting internal security. He was also arrested during the 1975 Emergency.
- In 2000, he was one of the spokespersons in the first ever talks held between the Maoists and the Andhra Pradesh Government.
- Since 1969, he was part of the Telangana Movement. He was always towards the vote of separating Telangana from Andhra Pradesh. In 2014, Telangana state was formed, but the ruling classes that came to power continued the same repression on the people’s movements and Varavara Rao.
- He is the founder of the Revolutionary Writers’ Association (commonly known as VIRASAM) and President of Revolutionary Democratic Front (RDF).
- In August 2018, he was arrested for allegedly conspiring to assassinate Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)