|Famous For||Being the son of the Indian actor R. Madhavan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||21 August 2005 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||17 Years|
|Hometown||Jamshedpur, Bihar (now in Jharkhand)|
|School||Universal American School, Dubai|
|Religion||Hinduism OP India|
|Caste||Tamil Brahmin OP India|
|Food Habit||Eggetarian Khaleej Times|
|Parents||Father- R. Madhavan (actor)
Mother- Sarita Birje (owns a clothing store named ‘Sarita’ in Klagenfurt, Austria)
|Grandparents||Grandfather- Ranganathan Seshadri (former executive in Tata Steel)
Grandmother Saroja (former manager at the Bank of India)
|Siblings||He is the only child of his parents.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vedaant Madhavan
- Vedaant Madhavan is a national level Indian swimmer. He is the son of the famous Indian actor R. Madhavan.
- He started participating in swimming competitions from his early school days. Soon, he developed an interest in swimming and decided to learn swimming professionally.
- He then joined Goregaon Sports Club, Mumbai for his professional training in swimming. There, he competed with the national level swimmers like Kapil Shetty.
- Vedaant received PETA’s Compassionate Kids Award for helping and saving animals in 2014.
- He joined Glenmark Aquatic Foundation, Mumbai in 2017 where he continued his training in swimming.
- He has also practised swimming in a 30-day swimming camp in Bengaluru.
- Vedaant has participated in various swimming competitions like 3rd SFI All India National Club Championships (2018), 64th National School Games (2018), Glenmark 36th Sub Junior and 46th Junior National Aquatic Championships (2019), 10th Asian Age Group Championships (2019), and Khelo India Youth Games (2020).
- He has won various swimming competitions and has bagged many medals and trophies in swimming.
- In 2021, R. Madhavan took to Instagram to share the news of Vedaant’s victory at the 47th Junior National Aquatic Championships 2021 in Bengaluru. He bagged 4 silver and 3 bronze medals in the swimming events like 800m freestyle swimming, 1500 freestyle swimming, 4×100 freestyle relay, and 4×200 freestyle relay events.
View this post on Instagram
- The famous Indian swimmers Virdhawal Khade, Sajan Prakash, and Srihari Natara are Vedaant’s idols in swimming.
- In an interview, while talking about his diet, he said,
My father is a vegetarian and my grandparents too. I am an eggetarian. I eat lots of eggs to get my protein, around 12 eggs a day. Also, I eat a lot of carbs and protein shakes. So my diet is basically more of carbs. In the morning I will have an egg sandwich and a juice. I have lots of rice for lunch with palak (spinach) and dal (lentil). And obviously eggs as well. Then in the evening, I have a paratha with eggs or another egg sandwich.”
- He won 5 golds for India (50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, and 1500m) at the 58th MILO/MAS Malaysia Invitational Age Group Swimming Championships. The Indian Express