|Nickname||Akash Facebook - Vijay Krishna|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hindustan Times Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): A ‘Pitch-Dark’ Diorama (2016) as 'Aditya'
TV (Kannada): Kannadathi (2020) on Colors Kannada as 'Dr Dev'
Web Series (Kannada): Kyaabre (2021) on Tharle Box as 'Arjun Rao'
|Date of Birth||19 October 1992 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||30 Years|
|School||Sri Kumaran Children’s Home in Bengaluru.|
|College/University||Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath in Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Visual Arts (2009- 2013) LinkedIn -Vijay Krishna|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Moumita Pal (actress)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijay Krishna
- Vijay Krishna is an Indian actor, who is known for working in the Kannada and Hindi theatre, film, and TV industries. He appeared in the 2023 Bollywood film ‘The Kerala Story’ directed by Sudipto Sen.
- At the age of 15, he left his home to study arts.
Later, he began to act in theatrical productions. In an interview, while talking about how he started acting in theatre plays, he said,
Theatre happened at a very interesting point in my life. I had run away from home because I wanted to take up the arts (laughs). During that time, I met a theatre director who allowed me to stay with him. He was continuously working on plays, writing poetry, novels, and a lot of other things. And that intrigued me very early on in life – the kind of passion, way with words, the work that actors put into their craft. Soon, I worked on my first play with them. And then, everything else happened because I couldn’t stop. I kept finding theatre at every point in life and I kept exploring.”
- He started acting in theatrical productions in his teenage and has an experience of more than 15 years. He has worked in many theatre groups across India including including Bengaluru, Kerala, Pondicherry, Goa, Mumbai, and West Bengal. Some of the theatrical groups in which he has worked are WeeMove, Rajamarga Art Culture, Visual Respiration, and Lights Off.
- In 2012, he began to act in theatrical productions of Bangalore Little Theatre.
- In 2015, he began to work as an actor and researcher at Atropos International Theatre Center and Visual Respiration (2016-2017).
- In 2016, he began working at Lights Off Production in Bengaluru as a researcher and facilitator.
- In 2019, he became the artistic director at Koryfae Theatre.
- He has worked in many short films including the Hindi fantasy and adventure short film ‘This Side Up’ (2011) and the Hindi short film ‘Ped (The Tree)’ (2021).
- He played the role of Rasool in the 2020 Kannada film ‘ACT 1978’ in which a pregnant woman condemns the bureaucratic system’s injustice in her own way.
- In 2022, he appeared in the Hindi comedy film ‘Mussoriie Boyz’ in which he played the role of, Chaudhary, one of the four friends of a group who went on a trip to Mussoorie.
- He appeared as Captain Imtiaz Waziri, a military officer, in Sony LIV’s 2022 Hindi web series ‘Avrodh 2: The Seige Within.’
- In an interview, he shared that to play the role of Captain Imtiaz Waziri in Sony LIV’s 2022 Hindi web series ‘Avrodh 2: The Seige Within’ he had to gain 25 kgs of weight. He said,
It had been 2-3 months since the ‘Kyaabre’ web series ended. I was 70 kg then, I had to be 95 kg for that role. Gym workout twice a day, diet, kickboxing training… that preparation of four or five months was a wonderful experience.” Hindustan Times
- In 2022, he played the role of Sanjay Subramaniam in the Hindi thriller film ‘Mithyam – The False Truth.’
- In 2023, he was cast in the Hindi film ‘The Kerala Story.’ The film is based on the contentious topic of love jihad in which women from Kerala are converted to Islam and are allegedly abducted by ISIS-controlled Syria.
- The trailer of the film ‘The Kerala Story,’ which alleged that about 32,000 girls had converted to Islam and were forced to join the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in Syria and Afghanistan, met criticism for its portrayal of the state as a centre for Islamic terrorism. B. R. Arvindakshan, a journalist from Tamil Nadu, filed a complaint demanding the film be banned unless the director Sudipto Sen could provide evidence supporting the claims. He contended that the movie could threaten peace, unity, and integrity, resulting in communal unrest. A case was registered under sections 153 A & B of the Indian Penal Code, relating to inciting disharmony and hostility among faith-based groups. Sen responded in a press conference, stating that the film would address all concerns upon its release, and he would further clarify any remaining questions afterwards. Hindustan Times
- He is a fluent speaker of Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and English.
- He is an animal lover.
- He has been featured in TV commercials for many brands including MTR, Tanishq, and One Card.
- According to him, he is an acting nerd.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol in public.
- He smokes occasionally.