Age: 33 Years
Hometown: Thoppil Junction, Edappally, Kerala
|Vinayakan T. K. The Economic Times
• Playback singer
• Music Composer
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
Malayalam: Maanthrikam (1995) as Michael Jackson dupe
Tamil: Thimiru (2006) as Easwari's sidekick
Hindi: James (2005) as Shanti Narayan's henchman
Telugu: Asadhyudu (2006) as Thambu
|• 2016: Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor for the Malayalam film Kammatipaadam
• 2016: Movie Munshi Cine Awards for Best Actor for the Malayalam film Kammatipaadam
• 2017: Filmfare Awards South for Best Supporting Actor for the Malayalam film Kammatipaadam
• 2017: CPC Cine Awards for Best Actor for the Malayalam film Kammatipaadam
• 2018: CPC Cine Awards for Best Character Actor for the Malayalam film Ee.Ma.Yau.
• 2019: Filmfare Awards South for Best Supporting Actor for the Malayalam film Ee.Ma.Yau.
|Date of Birth
|11 December 1990 (Tuesday)
|Age (as of 2023)
|Thoppil Junction, Edappally, Kerala
|Thoppil Junction, Edappally, Kerala
|Thalanganathra House, Near Dr. Ambedkar Stadium, Ernakulam, Kochi- 35
|Accused of verbally abusing a women
In June 2019, he was booked by the Kalpetta police for verbal abuse towards a women activist, Mruduladevi during a phone conversation. The woman filed the case alleging that Vinayakan talked to her in an obscene manner and used abusive words when she had invited him for a function. He was booked under IPC sections 509 (word, gesture or act intend to insult the modesty of a woman) and 294 (B) (uttering obscene words) and section 120 (O) (causing nuisance to any person by repeated or undesirable or anonymous calls) of the Kerala Police Act. India Today
Comments on MeToo movement
In 2022, he was involved in a controversy when he spoke to the media during the press conference for the film "Oruthee." He stated that he was unfamiliar with the concept of the Me Too Movement and sarcastically questioned if asking women for sexual favours fell under the MeToo movement. He also added that if this was true he would continue to do so. During the conference, he also revealed that he had a physical relationship with 10 women in his life and before doing anything he asked for their consent. His remarks were criticised by many people after which he wrote an apology on Facebook saying,
Hi everyone. During the ‘Oruthee’ promotional event I used a certain language that one of the journalists (sister) found derogatory. It was not at all targeted on a personal level and I sincerely apologize for the comments made by me on that day that would have caused her inconvenience. Vinayakan.” ONManorama
Derogatory remarks on Congress leader Oommen Chandy
In July 2023, Vinayakan landed in a controversy when he shared a video on social media where he was seen using as derogatory remarks about Congress leader Oommen Chandy's funeral. In the video, he questioned the identity of Oommen Chandy. He said hat he did not acknowledge the late leader as the virtuous individual depicted by the media. Additionally, he compared him to the late Congress leader K. Karunakaran. He also expressed that the media covered his mourning for three days. In the video, he said,
Who is Oommen Chandy? Why is he being mourned for three days? What shall we do now that he is dead? I’m advising the media to stop covering this. He may be a good man in your eyes, but not in mine. You are aware of what he did to Karunakaran, so stop talking and leave."
He took down the video after public outrage, but it had already gone viral on social media. Many Congress leaders were unhappy about his video and complained against him. A Youth Congress activist lodged a petition with the Ernakulam assistant commissioner seeking police action, two more complaints by District Congress Committee and Youth Congress officer-bearers were also filed. One of the complaints was lodged with the State Police Chief. After receiving complaints against him, the Ernakulam Town North police registered a case against him under Indian Penal Code Sections 153 (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, etc., and doing acts prejudicial to the maintenance of harmony) and 297 (trespassing in place of worship or sepulchre, disturbing funeral with intention to wound the feeling or to insult the religion of any person, or offering indignity to a human corpse) and Section 120 (o) (causing, through any means of communication, a nuisance of himself to any person by repeated or undesirable or anonymous call, letter, writing, message, e-mail or through a messenger) of the Kerala Police Act. After the complaint was filed, the police was informed that three people knocked on Vinayakan’s apartment on Stadium Link Road but he did not open the door. The Hindu
Chaos and Verbal Abuse Led to the Arrest
On 24 October 2023, Vinayakan found himself clouded in a controversy when he was asked to appear at the Ernakulam North Police Station in Kerala for questioning in relation to a disturbance he allegedly caused at his residence earlier on the same day; Vinayakan was called for questioning on the basis of a complaint filed against him. During the interrogation, Vinayakan reportedly began verbally abusing the police officers following which he was arrested. According to officials, he was drunk when he reached at the police station. Vinayakan, however, was released on bail later. Onmanorama
|Relationships & More
|Babita (bank employee)
|Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vinayakan
- Vinayakan is an Indian actor, playback singer and composer who is known for working in South Indian films.
- He was born into a financially weak family. He grew up not having even basic groceries.
- Vinayakan initiated his career as a dancer and established a dance group known as Black Mercury, with a specialization in Fire dance.
- He appeared in many supporting roles as a comedian in many films.
- He appeared in many Malayalam films including Stop Violence (2002), Chathikkatha Chanthu (2004), Chinthamani Kolacase (2006), Thalsamayam Oru Penkutty (2012), Aadu – Oru Bheegara Jeevi Aanu (2015), Swathandriam Ardharathriyil (2018), Panthrandu (2022).
- Apart from Malayalam films, he appeared in Hindi and Telugu films as well.
- He has also starred in many Tamil films including Silambattam (2008), Ellam Avan Seyal (2008), Siruthai (2011), Maryan (2013), and Jailer (2023).
- He composed the song ‘Puzhu Pulikal’ for the Malayalam film Kammatipaadam.
- H sang songs for the American comedy film Role Models in 2008 and Ordinary Fame in 2012.
- During the audio launch of the film Jailer in 2023, Rajinikanth said that Vinayakan was not the first choice for the film. He had earlier chosen Nelson but while shooting the fighting scene, he felt uncomfortable beating him after which he was replaced with Vinayakan.
- Vinayakan was criticized by actor-turned-MLA K B Ganesh Kumar for talking ill about Congress leader Oommen Chandy. Ganesh said that people like Vinayaka should not be called artists but drug addicts who live on the roads.
- In 2023, he took to Facebook Live and announced his divorce from his wife.
- He is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
- He often posts pictures of himself consuming alcohol and smoking.