Some Lesser Known Facts About Viral Joshi
- Viral Joshi is an Indian-American medical professional. In August 2022, she took part in the second season of the reality TV series named Indian Matchmaker.
- After completing her higher studies in medicine, Viral Joshi began working in the endocrinology department of Wilmington Hospital.
- In 2013, Viral Joshi delivered an HIV/AIDS awareness speech at the University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW).
- In August 2022, Viral Joshi was shortlisted to enter the Indian matchmaking reality web series named Indian Matchmaker Season 2, where she met Aashay Shah.
- During an interview, Viral Joshi claimed that she believes in fate as well as in the alignment of stars. She further claimed that she had been on several dating apps but to no avail, and that her arrival on the show was her destiny. She said,
In the Indian culture, we believe when we’re born, there’s a star map. And in that star map, it basically says your whole life was on these dating apps. I had a voice on the inside that said, This isn’t it. When this opportunity came up, I gravitated toward it. I had tried every method under the sun. Dating apps. My friend network, even when I travel for work. When I’m in the airport lounge, I would look around, or when I would have lunch in the hospital. Nothing I was doing was working. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So I was like, I gotta switch it up. I’m only getting older.”
- According to Viral Joshi, she has developed a strong bond with Aashay Shah in a short span of time. She also claimed that the duo talk to each other a lot on the phone and even visit each other’s place of work and residence. In an interview, she said,
We are still in touch. Long distance has its nuances. We are still trying to figure out what that looks like for us. All our friends are like, ‘What is next? What is next? You guys are hitting it off!’ I will visit him. He will come down here. We talk a lot on the phone. So we have a strong connection. I think we are really working on building a foundation.”
- Viral Joshi is an avid pet lover. She has a pet cat named Xena.
- When Sima Taparia, the producer of the Indian Matchmaking web series, asked Viral Joshi about her preferences for a groom, Viral said that she wanted a Gujarati man, who is a non-drinker, non-smoker, follows Hinduism, and was at least taller than 5’8″.
- Viral Joshi traces her roots back to the Indian state of Gujarat.