|Full name||Vishal Balaso Nikam|
|Profession(s)||Fitness Trainer, Model, Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Debut||Film: Mithun (2018) as Mithun
TV: Saataa Jalmaachyaa Gaathi (2019) as Yuvraj
|Date of Birth||10 February 1994 (Thursday)
|Age (as of 2021)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||Devikhindi, Sangli district, Maharashtra|
|Hometown||Devikhindi, Sangli district, Maharashtra|
|School||• Smt. Kasturbai Walchand College, Sangli
• N S V Devikhindi, Sangli
|College/University||• Baburaoji Gholap College, Pune, Maharashtra
• Balwant College, Vita, Maharashtra
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Science (Physics) from Balwant College, Vita
• Master of Science (Physics) from Baburaoji Gholap College, Pune
Note: One of his Instagram highlights exhibits that he is an avid reader of Sarth Shri Dnyaneshwari (सार्थ श्री ज्ञानेश्वरी) Vishhal Nikam's Instagram Highlight, a commentary on the Bhagavad Gita written by the Marathi saint and poet Sant Dnyaneshwar (also known as Mauli).
|Hobbies||Playing cricket, Gym, Dancing, Reading|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Balaso Yashwant Nikam (Farmer)
Mother- Vijaya Nikam (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Akshay Nikam
|Actor(s)||Sushant Singh Rajput, Bhushan Pradhan, Shahid Kapoor|
|Actress(es)||Sridevi, Sai Tamhankar|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vishhal Nikam
- Vishhal Nikam is an Indian actor who has predominantly worked in the Marathi entertainment industry. He is well known for starring in the Marathi language film Mithun (2018) and television show Dakkhancha Raja Jyotiba (2020).
- Born to a farmer father in Devikhindi in Maharashtra, Vishhal Nikam moved to the entertainment capital of India, Mumbai, to pursue his dream to become an actor.
- Before venturing into the entertainment industry, Vishhal Nikam worked as a gym trainer at Gold’s Gym in Kandivali, Mumbai; meanwhile, he worked as a model.
- As a model, he walked the ramp at Mr, Miss & Mrs Pune Global 2018 Season II by Kashish Productions. Vishhal was the show stopper who modelled the brand MI KHADI.
- In 2018, he came into the limelight with his debut film ‘Mithun’ in which he played the titular role. The film follows a couple, Mithun and Kanchi, who, despite being together for a long time, don’t seem to be serious about their relationship.
- In 2019, he played an antagonist Tejsinh in the drama film ‘Dhumas .’
- In the same year, he played the role of Yuvraj in the television series ‘Saataa Jalmaachyaa Gaathi,’ which went off the air before the lockdown.
- The fitness junkie carved a niche for himself in the Marathi entertainment industry with his chiselled body. Vishhal Nikam was dubbed as Maharashtra’s Most Desirable Man of 2020 by The Times of India. In 2018, he was in the top 15 of the list, and he was ranked 3rd in Maharashtra’s Most Desirable Men 2019.
- In 2020, he rose to fame when he played the titular role in the mythological television series ‘Dakkhancha Raja Jyotiba.’ The devotional series follows the warrior god Jyotiba.
- To portray the role of Lord Jyotiba on TV, the gym trainer-turned-actor gained 12 kgs in 20 days. Belonging from the Sangli district, Vishhal’s proficiency in the Kolhapuri accent helped him to secure the role. Additionally, the dedicated actor learnt horse-riding in a week. In an interview, while describing the challenges faced by him to portray the role of Lord Jyotiba, he said,
After my audition, I was told to beef up, which I did in 20 days! It was challenging to do so with the gyms in the state still being closed. So, I requested a friend who owns a gym to give me access to it for some days. I even learnt horse-riding in a week as opposed to about 20 days that it normally takes to pick up the skill.”
During the shooting of the show, Vishhal came up with an interesting idea of working out on the set using the on-set shooting equipment due to his tight schedule.
- In 2021, he starred in the television series ‘Jai Bhawani Jai Shivaji,’ which featured the heroic tales of Chhatrapati Shivaji’s warriors who fought beside him. In the series, Vishhal portrayed the role of Shiva Kashid, the braveheart warrior in Shivaji Maharaj’s force who helped Shivaji Maharaj to escape from the siege of Panhala.
- In 2021, he was cast in the periodic film ‘Baloch.’ The film exhibited the aftermath of the third battle of Panipat, which was lost by the Marathas.
- In the same year, he played the titular role in the thriller action short film ‘The Sniper,’ the story of two soldiers, a sniper and his spotter, who find themselves caught in a huge moral dilemma as they hunt down their enemy in the middle of a war.
- On 19 September 2021, Vishhal Nikam appeared as a contestant on Bigg Boss Marathi (season 3).
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a travel enthusiast.
- Once Vishhal posted a picture of himself carrying his bedridden grandmother on his Instagram account. Thereafter, he was immensely appreciated by his fans for showcasing love and respect for the elderly. The caption of the picture read,
The generations !! When I was small I needed my grandmother every single time to help n guide me. And now the time has come when she needs me the most n I’m right there for her with all my heart.”