Some Lesser Known Facts About Whitney Wolfe
- Does Whitney Wolfe smoke?: Not known
- Does Whitney Wolfe drink alcohol?: Yes
- At the age of 19, she started a business of selling bamboo tote bags; benefiting areas affected by the BP oil spill. She partnered with celebrity stylist Patrick Aufdenkamp to launch the non-profit organization called the “Help Us Project.”
- The bags received wide recognition after celebrities such as Rachel Zoe and Nicole Richie were photographed with them.
- After completing her graduation, she traveled to Southeast Asia where she worked with orphanages.
- She joined Hatch Labs when she was 22. She joined the dating app “Tinder” with Rad, Chris Gulczynski in 2012 within the IAC startup incubator.
- She became the Co-Founder and Vice President of marketing for Tinder. She has also been credited for its popularity on college campuses and growing its user base.
- In 2014, she left the company accusing her ex-boyfriend and ex-boss “Justin Mateen” of calling her a ‘Whore’ and also filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against him. Though the case was later settled over 1 Million Dollars by a court.
- She experienced a sort of online abuse that’s all too familiar to women who make public sexual harassment allegations after she filing sexual abuse against her ex-boyfriend. She deleted her Twitter account when that abuse turned into rape and murder threats from strangers.
- She launched Bumble in 2014 as the only dating platform where women (have more control than traditional dating apps) make the first move, and in three years, her vision has led to Bumble’s growth to more than 28 million users worldwide in 144 countries.
- In 2016, Bumble launched Bumble BFF as a friend-finding feature and Bumble Bizz for professional networking in 2017.
- Priyanka Chopra attended the launch of Bumble Bizz with Kate Hudson, Karlie Kloss, etc.
- Bumble is majorly owned by a European dating app Badoo.
- As of April 2016, Tinder and Bumble are the first and fourth most popular dating apps respectively.
- In January 2018, CNBC reported that Badoo was seeking a sale that could value the company at about $1.5 billion.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡