|Real name||Yvonne Jaqueline Strzechowski Twitter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark blue|
|Debut||Film: Gone (2007) as Sondra
TV: Double the Fist (2004) as Suzie
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won Teen Choice Award for Choice Action TV Actress (2010) for the television series Chuck (2007)
• Won TV Guide Award (2011) in the category of Favorite Actress for the television series Chuck (2007)
• Won TV Guide Award for “Favorite Couple Who Have” along with Zachary Levi for the television series Chuck (2007)
• Won Saturn Award for Best Guest Starring Role on Television (2013) for the television series Dexter (2013)
• Won AACTA Award for Best Lead Actress in a Television Drama (2020) for Stateless (2020)
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1982 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Werrington Downs, Australia|
|Hometown||Werrington Downs, Australia|
|School||Santa Sabina College in Sydney, Australia|
|College/University||Western Sydney University|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Tim Loden, (Actor and producer)
|Children||Son- William Loden (born in October 2018)
|Parents||Father- Peter Strzechowski (Electronic Engineer)
Mother- Bożena Strzechowski (Lab technician)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yvonne Strahovski
- Yvonne Strahovski is an Australian actress who is best known for starring in the television series Chuck (2007–2012), Dexter (2012–2013), 24: Live Another Day (2014), and The Handmaid’s Tale (2017).
- Her parents emigrated from Warsaw, Poland to Australia before Yvonne was born.
- Yvonne first got interested in acting at the age of twelve when she began taking drama lessons. In an interview, she said,
I took my first drama classes when I was 12. I was always making home videos and doing these little sketches.”
- Belonging to a Polish-speaking family, Yvonne faced difficulty developing adequate English vocabulary during her school days. She excelled in the subject after her English teacher, Mrs. Halliday, introduced her to Shakespeare’s plays and the world of poetry and classic novels.
- At school, she played Viola in the play Twelfth Night, a romantic comedy by William Shakespeare.
- She co-founded a small theater company Sydney’s Sauna Productions Theatre while attending Western Sydney University.
- After starring in the Australian television series, Double the Fist (2004), headLand (2005), and Sea Patrol (2007), Yvonne auditioned for the American science-fiction series Bionic Woman (2007). While she was auditioning for Bionic Woman (2007) in the United States, she sent an audition tape for the television series Chuck (2007), which went on to become her television debut.
- Yvonne Strahovski gained international recognition with Chuck (2007) in which she played the role of CIA Agent Sarah Walker, who protects the protagonist Chuck Bartowski after he unknowingly embeds the only remaining copy of a software program containing the United States’ greatest spy secrets into his brain.
- She rose to prominence when she played the role of Hannah McKay, a serial killer and the love interest of the protagonist Dexter Morgan in the American crime drama series Dexter (2012).
- Her other notable work includes playing the protagonist CIA Agent Kate Morgan in 24: Live Another Day (2014).
- She starred in the science-fantasy film I, Frankenstein (2014) as a renowned scientist named Dr. Terra Wade, who is employed by Naberius to conduct experiments and try to reanimate corpses.
- She appeared in the American crime thriller film Manhattan Night (2016) as Caroline Crowley, wife of a successful movie producer who was murdered and found in a demolished building. As the story unfolds, Caroline recruits a New York City tabloid writer to investigate the case whom she gradually seduces over a series of meetings.
- She struck stardom with the critically acclaimed series The Handmaid’s Tale (2017) in which she played the antagonist Serena Joy Waterford. The storyline of the series revolves around Offred, a handmaid who is forcefully assigned to bear children for her master, Commander Waterford, and his wife Serena Joy Waterford. Yvonne was nominated for prestigious accolades like the Primetime Emmy Award (2018), Golden Globe Awards (2019), and Screen Actors Guild Award (2018-2020) for playing the role of Serena Joy Waterford.
- She gained massive popularity for playing the protagonist Sofie Werner in the Australian television drama Stateless (2020), which is partly inspired by the real-life story of Cornelia Rau, an Australian who was unlawfully detained under the Australian Government’s mandatory detention program.
- As a voice-over artist when she has lent her voice in various films like Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers (2010), The Outback (2012), and Batman: Bad Blood (2016).
- After moving to the United States, Yvonne modified her last name ‘Strzechowski’ and spelled it phonetically as ‘Strahovski’ for the sake of easier pronunciation.
- Strahovski’s likeness was used for the character of Miranda Lawson in the video game series Mass Effect, for which she earned a nomination for Spike Video Game Awards in the category of Best Performance by a Human Female.
- She made her Broadway debut in 2012 with the revival of Clifford Odets’ Golden Boy (1964) in which she portrayed the role of ‘Lorna Moon.’ Yvonne secured herself the Theatre World Award (2013) for playing the role of ‘Lorna Moon.’
- Strahovski decided to make her Broadway debut after watching a standup comedy performance at a Melbourne Comedy Festival. In an interview, she said,
I saw some standup comedy at a Melbourne Comedy Festival, and I got nostalgic about being on stage. It reminded me of what it takes to be part of a live performance, and so when this Golden Boy audition came around, I thought, ‘I’m going go…”
- In an interview, Yvonne revealed that during her high school days, Hollywood celebrity Tom Hanks was her celebrity crush. Turner & Hooch (1989) and The ‘Burbs (1989) starring Tom Hanks were her favorite films. She said,
I was obsessed with Tom Hanks. He was my high school crush. Everyone else had pictures of Brad Pitt blasted all over their textbooks, and I was the weird one who had Tom Hanks.”
- Another lesser-known fact about Yvonne is that she had a nose ring for five years. In an interview, she said,
No tattoos, but I had a nose ring for five years — and from close-up you can see the hole in my nose still!
- Yvonne is an avid animal lover who campaigned for American animal rights organization PETA, with a tagline that read, “Always adopt. Never buy.”