Age: 35 Years
Husband: Mustafa Raj
|Full Name||Priya Vasudev Mani Iyer|
|Famous Role||'Muththazhagu' in the Tamil film "Paruthiveeran" (2007)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film Telugu: Evare Atagaadu (2003) as 'Priyamani'
Film Tamil: Kangalal Kaidhu Sei (2004) as 'Vidya Sadagoppan'
Film Malayalam: Satyam (2004) as 'Sona'
Film Kannada: Raam (2009) as 'Pooja'
Film Bollywood: Raavan (2010) as 'Jamuni'
TV (Malayalam): D 4 Dance (2014) as a Judge
TV (Kannada): Dancing Star 2 (2015) as a Judge
TV (Tamil): Kings of Dance (2016) as a Judge
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Film Award for Best Actress for the film “Paruthiveeran” (2006)
• Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actress for the film “Paruthiveeran” (2006)
• Filmfare Award South for Best Actress – Tamil for the film “Paruthiveeran” (2007)
• Vijay Award for Best Actress for the film “Paruthiveeran” (2007)
• Filmfare Award South for Best Actress – Malayalam for the film “Thirakkatha” (2008)
• Sandalwood Star Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Vishnuvardhana” (2011)
• Filmfare Award South for Best Actress – Kannada for the film “Chaarulatha” (2012)
• SIIMA Award for Best Actress for the film “Chaarulatha” (2012)
• Suvarna Film Award for Best Actress for the film “Chaarulatha” (2012)
• Asiavision Television Award for Best Celebrity Judge for the show “D2 – D 4 Dance” (2015)
• Asiavision Television Award for Best Celebrity Judge for the show “D3 – D 4 Dance” (2015)
• TSR TV9 National Film Award for Best Actress – Kannada for the film “Dwaja” (2018)
|Date of Birth||4 June 1984 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|School||• Sri Aurobindo Memorial School, Bengaluru
• Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College, Bengaluru
|College/University||She did her graduation through correspondence.|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in Psychology|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Dancing|
|Controversies||• In 2012, the Hyderabad media reported that the Aazaan actor, Sachiin Joshi, had teased Priyamani in “allegedly inebriated” state at a party after a match. The reports stated that he had tried to "hold her hand" and "hug" her. However, Priyamani called the reports false and said, "We were just unwinding after the matches. I don’t understand why a story like this has been circulated. All it does is harm Sachiin and my reputations.”
• In 2016, Priya shared her engagement news with her fans and well-wishers through Twitter. The actress, who was expecting blessings and good wishes from everyone, was apparently showered with a lot of criticism and nasty comments about her fiance and family. Upset with so much of negativity coming her way, the actress gave a befitting reply to her haters. She wrote, "Fed up of so much of hatred and negativity with regards to the engagement news that I shared this morning hoping that everyone would be a part of my new journey and bless me with ur kind messages..but I’m appalled by so much of negative reactions!Grow up you people!!!ITS MY LIFE..and I’m NOT answerable to any one apart from my parents and my fiancé!”
• In May 2016, Priyamani attracted controversy for her remarks over a rape case. The gruesome rape and murder of Jisha, a Government Law college student in Ernakulam, shocked the entire nation and many celebrities voiced their dissent over the recurrence of such incidents in the country. Priya too took to Twitter to share her agony and wrote that India was not a safe place for girls. She even asked the women to leave the country and move to safe places abroad. She was highly criticised for her statement.
• Priyamani acted in a movie titled “Engiruntho Vandaal,” but the film for some unknown reasons never progressed beyond a point. So, the makers of the film did not pay her in full. However, later the film was completed with some other artists and a few of Priya’s hot stills, which had been shot earlier, were also being included in the film. Unhappy with the maker’s act, Priyamani filed a complaint with Movie Artists Association MAA, demanding its intervention, and stop using her content or pay her in full.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Prithiviraj (Rumoured, actor)
• Jagapthi Babu (Rumoured, actor)
• Mustafa Raj (owner of an event management company)
|Engagement Date||27 May 2016|
|Marriage Date||23 August 2017
|Parents||Father- Vasudeva Mani Iyer (Entrepreneur)
Mother- Latha Mani Iyer (Former National Badminton Player and Former Bank Manager at the Union Bank of India)
|Siblings||Brother- Vishakh (Entrepreneur)
|Favourite Food||Chicken Biriyani|
|Favourite Desserts||Ice creams, Chocolates|
|Favourite Actor||Kamal Haasan|
|Favourite Director||Mani Ratnam|
- Priyamani was born into a modest family in Bengaluru.
- She is the granddaughter of the famous Carnatic Vocalist, Kamala Kailas.
- Priya grew up playing Cricket and Hide & Seek with boys as there were no girls of her age in her society.
- Along with sports, she was also good at dance in her school days and actively took part in the extracurricular activities.
- Mani started modelling for brands like Kancheepuram silks, Erode silks and Lakshmi silks when she was in school.
- Initially, she took up modelling only to earn a little pocket money for herself and never thought of becoming an actress.
- After she passed her 12th standard, the Tamil Film Director, Bharathiraja, introduced her to the Tamil film industry. She played a small role in the Tamil Film “Ullam.”
- She started her acting career in 2003 with the Telugu film “Evare Atagaadu.”
- In 2006, Priya featured in the Telugu Film “Pellaina Kothalo,” which was a super hit and bagged her 3 films.
- Her breakthrough in the Tamil Film Industry was with the film “Paruthiveeran” in which she played the role of ‘Muthazhagu.’
- Some of her popular films include “Yamadonga,” “Malaikottai,” “Thirakkatha,” and “Arumugam.”
- In 2013, Priya made a special appearance in the song ‘1 2 3 4 Get on the Dance Floor’ from the Bollywood film “Chennai Express.”
- Apart from acting, Priya has appeared as a judge on many dance reality shows like “D 4 Dance” (2014), “D2 – D 4 Dance” (2015), “Dancing Star 2” (2015), “Kings of Dance” (2016), “D3 – D 4 Dance” (2016), and “Dancing Star 3” (2016).
- In 2019, she starred in Amazon Prime’s web series “The Family Man.”
- Priya has featured on the covers of many magazines like “Wedding Life Magazine,” “Just For Women Magazine, “FWD Magazine,” and “Grihalakshmi Magazine.”
- She has even walked the ramps for various fashion designers.
- She has worked in different languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada.
- She is passionate about animals and often shares her pictures with them on her social media accounts.
- She is fluent in Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, English, Telugu, and Kannada.
- Priya is the second cousin of the Bollywood actress, Vidya Balan.
- Initially, her parents reluctant about letting her daughter become an actress, but it was her grandmother who supported her and pushed her to pursue acting as her career.
- She met her husband, Mustafa Raj, for the first time during the cricket tournament, CCL (Celebrity Cricket League). At that time, she was the brand ambassador of CCL and Mustafa was taking care of the logistics.