Age: 57 Years
Wife: Zeba Sheikh
|Real Name||Aashif Sheikh|
|Famous Role||"Vibhuti Narayan Mishra" in TV show 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||11 November 1964|
|Age (as of 2021)||57 Years|
|Hometown||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Hotel Management|
|Debut||Film: Rama O Rama (1988)
TV: Hum Log (1985)
|Hobbies||Reading, Watching Movies, Cooking|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1992|
|Wife/Spouse||Zeba Sheikh (Homemaker, m. 1992-present)
|Children||Son- Alyjah Sheikh
Daughter- Maryam Sheikh
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Died in 2017)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Naseeruddin Shah, Ranveer Singh|
|Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar, Mohammed Rafi|
|Song(s)||"Yeh Duniya Agar Mil Bhi Jaye" by Mohammed Rafi, "Itna Na Mujhse Tu Pyar Badha" by Talat Mehmood & Lata Mangeshkar|
|TV Show(s)||Buniyad, Malgudi Days, Yeh Jo Zindagi Hai|
|Quote||"The woods are lovely, deep and dark. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep"|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 70 thousand/day|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aashif Sheikh
- Aasif was fascinated towards superheroes in his childhood, as he used to dress up like a superhero and roam around in the colony.
- He was a fine athlete in his younger days and aspired to become a springboard diver or a cricketer, but due to an injury, he left sports and later, he got inclined towards theatre.
- In his struggling days, he used to clean the floors and sell tea.
- In 1991, he did his first film called ‘Yaara Dildara’ in a lead role, which was also the debut film for music composer duo, Jatin-Lalit.
- It took him around 10 years to get noticed after he played the negative role of “Suraj Singh” in the blockbuster film ‘Karan Arjun’ (1995), where his catchphrase “What a Joke!” became so famous, that it became synonymous with him.
- He is Salman Khan‘s family friend since the 1990s.
- His role of “Vinod Verma” in Sab TV’s show ‘Yes Boss’ was highly liked by the people.
- He became a household name with his role as “Vibuhti Narayan Mishra” in comedy serial on &TV called Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!
- In spite of his busy schedule, he still manages to do theatre plays on a regular basis for IPTA (Indian People’s Theatre Association).
- He has a huge fan following who are popularly known as “Aasifians.”
- In 2016, he won the ‘ITA Award’ for the Best Actor (Comedy) for the TV show ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai.’
- Shilpa Shinde had recommended his name for ‘Bigg Boss 11’ but he refused the offer as he didn’t want to be part of any kind of controversy.
- In October 2021, he took to Instagram to share the certificate from the World Book of Records, London that he received for crossing 300 characters in the popular Indian comedy show Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai.