|Famous Role||'Angoori' in TV serial 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai'
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 Kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-28-35|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||2019- Joined the Congress Party on 5 February
|Date of Birth||28 August 1977|
|Age (as in 2018)||41 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate in Psychology|
TV: Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai (2001)
|Family||Father- Not Known (Died in 2013, Was a Judge in High Court)
Mother- Geeta Shinde (Homemaker)
Brother- Ashutosh Shinde
Sisters- Shubha Shinde, Archana Shinde
|Address||A house on Malad Link Road, Mumbai
|Controversies||• She left the serial Do Dil Ek Jaan of Life OK because she felt that her character was not given much attention.
• In March 2016, she left the popular TV serial 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai' due to her issues with the production house. She even filed an F.I.R. against Sanjay Kohli, accusing him of sexual harassment.
|Favourite Actor||Sachin Khedekar|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Ritu Kumar|
|Favourite Colours||White, Yellow|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Romit Raj (Actor)|
|Ex-fiancé||Romit Raj (Actor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shilpa Shinde
- Does Shilpa Shinde smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shilpa Shinde drink alcohol?: Yes
- Shilpa started her career with a negative role in the film ‘Bhabhi’ (1999).
- Her family was initially unhappy with her decision to enter the film industry.
- Initially, she did a couple of Telugu films, but unfortunately, they were shelved, after which she tried her luck in the TV industry.
- Shifting to TV proved to be the right move for her as she became part of many hit shows, such as – ‘Miss India’, ‘Hatim’, and ‘Sanjeevani.’
- She rose to fame with her role of ‘Angoori’ in &TV’s popular comedy serial ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain.’
- In 2015, her role of ‘Angoori’ earned her the ‘Indian Telly Award’ for the Best Actress in a Comic Role.
- She is an ardent devotee of Shirdi’s Sai Baba and Lord Ganesha.
- She was in a serious relationship with her Zee TV’s serial Maayka’s co-star Romit Raj, but their marriage was called off due to some issue.
- Once she faced a severe migraine attack on the sets of ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain’, but despite that, she continued her shooting.
- In 2016, she left ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain’ due to her health issues and problems with the serial’s team and production house. She even took the support of MNS’s (Maharashtra Navnirman Sena) leader Raj Thackeray after she was replaced by Shubhangi Atre.
- She did an item song called “Maro Line” in the film ‘Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi’ (2017), after which she was trolled on social media for her overweight.
- In 2017, she entered the ‘Bigg Boss 11‘ house and fought with Vikas Gupta on stage which left even Salman Khan speechless.
- Shilpa knew his fellow ‘Bigg Boss 11’ contestant Vikas Gupta before they entered the Bigg Boss house.