|Real Name||Abhinav Singh Bindra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65.5 kg
in Pounds- 144 lbs
|Debut||Commonwealth Games, 1998|
|Current team||Indian Shooting|
|Coach/Mentor|| Dr.Amit Bhattacharjee (Mentor)
Lt. Col. Dhillon (First Coach)
Gabriele Bühlmann (Current Coach)
|Achievements (Main Ones)||• Secured a Gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, in the 10 m air rifle event (pairs).
• In the same category, Bindra won Gold at the 2006 Zagreb ISSF World Shooting Championships.
• Abhinav Bindra also won 4 Gold medals at four consecutive editions of Commonwealth Games from 2002 to 2014. Out of these 4, the first 3 were secured in pairs event while the 4th was secured in the singles event.
• He has a total of 3 Silver medals under his belt. 2 from Commonwealth Games (2002, 2010) & 1 from 2010 Asian games (Team event)
|Career Turning Point||The 2008 Beijing Olympics was a big turning point in Bindra's career. He became the only Indian to achieve Gold in an individual event.|
|Date of Birth||28 September 1982|
|Age (as in 2016)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|School||The Doon School, Dehradun, Uttarakhand & St.Stephen School, Chandigarh, India|
|College||University of Colorado, U.S.A.|
|Hobbies||Visiting Museums, Collecting Indian Contemporary Art, Playing Games on PlayStation.|
|Family||Father- Apjit Bindra
Mother- Babli Bindra
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Sexual Orientation||Not Known|
|Car Collection||Volvo S-80 V8 Luxury car|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhinav Bindra
- Does Abhinav Bindra smoke: No
- Does Abhinav Bindra drink alcohol: No
- At the age of 15, Abhinav Bindra became the youngest participant in the 1998 Commonwealth Games.
- In 2001, Abhinav Bindra, at the age of 18, became the youngest recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award – India’s highest honor given for achievement in sports. Also, he was awarded the Arjuna Award in 2010.
- Abhinav Bindra is the CEO of Abhinav Futuristic – the only company that sells Walter brand of pistols in the country. The company provides weapons to various police departments across India.
- His career at one stage was jeopardized by a nagging back injury. Since 2006, he was down and out for months with a career-threatening spinal injury caused due to ligament over-stretching in the Lumbodorsal region. He took up a thorough rehabilitation programme that helped reduce the strain on his spine and made some technical changes for a better posture.
- At 2008 Beijing Olympics, Abhinav Bindra created history by becoming the only Indian to win an individual gold medal ever.
- In 2009, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the President of India.
- Abhinav Bindra was conferred the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Territorial Army on November 1, 2011.
- He entered into shooting as a boy with -4 power in both eyes.
- Bindra is the member of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography