Abhishek Chatterjee Age, Death, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Debut||Film (Bengali): Pathbhola (1986) as Gupi
TV: Tapur Tupur (2011)
|Last Film||Lover (2021)|
|Date of Birth||30 April 1964 (Thursday)|
|Birthplace||Baranagar, West Bengal, India|
|Date of Death||24 March 2022|
|Place of Death||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||57 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac arrest NDTV News|
|Hometown||Baranagar, West Bengal, India|
|School||Baranagore Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama High School, Baranagar, West Bengal|
|College/University||Seth Anandram Jaipuria College, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate India Today|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Facebook- Abhishek Chatterjee|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Children||Daughter- Saina Chatterjee
|Parents||Names Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhishek Chatterjee
- Abhishek Chatterjee was an Indian actor who was best known for his work in the Bengali film industry. He acted in more than 50 Bengali language films and many television serials. Some of his most popular film include Pathbhola (1986) , Amar Prem (1989), Indrajit (1992), Bangali Babu (2002), and Rajkumar (2008).
- Abhishek made his acting debut in Bengali films in the year 1986 with Tarun Majumder directed drama action film ‘Pathbhola.’ He acted opposite Prosenjit Chatterjee, Tapas Paul, Utpal Dutta, Sandhya Roy, and Shakti Thakur in the film. Next in 1988, he appeared n screen as Sundar in the film Ora Charjon. The film was directed by Samit Bhanja and produced by Ranja Film Enterprise, and featured Prosenjit Chatterjee and Debashree Roy in the lead roles. In the same year, he was featured in two other films, Tumi Koto Sundar and Surer Akashe. Abhishek Chatterjee started earing recognition as a lead actor with his very initial films and received huge critical acclaims for his acting skills.
- In 1999, the Pathbhola actor was seen in films like Toofan, Maryada, and Amar Prem. He got the break through of his career with
Anjan Choudhury directed drama film Indrajit, in which he played the role of Abhijit opposite Ranjit Mallick, Anil Chatterjee, Subhendu Chatterjee, Ruma Guha Thakurta, and Dilip Roy.
- Abhishek, during an interview, revealed that in spite of being a lead actor of Tollywood in the 90’s he had no work for almost an year and he went through depression because of it. He narrated,
Prosenjit Chatterjee, Rituparna Sengupta! In ’96 -’98, they formed an alliance and excluded me from about 30-32 pictures. At that time I was number one in Tollywood. I had no work for almost a year. I sat down and went into depression. After a couple of years I joined the journey. After that the communication with the industry became completely disconnected. Then I heard people saying, ‘Abhishek is over’. It would be hard to hear all this. But I was convinced.”
I have always been Prosenjit’s main rival. I noticed a lot of times, he was making some noise. But I always thought of him as a friend. So I didn’t take any serious steps. And I said a few things about Rituparna in an interview, which she did not like. After that he decided not to work with me anymore. Swapnada (Saha) told me, you settle the matter. But I did not do anything wrong, so there is no question of apology. After that I started the journey.”
- Abhishek Chatterjee after working for almost 20 years in the Bengali film industry, took a break from film and decided to pursue his career with small screen. When asked about the sudden shift from film to television, he said
The current system has changed a lot. Production houses have specific lobbies. They work with a set of artists. Most of the actors of the old days are Brahmins today. Deepakada (Chiranjit) is still working. Tapasada (Pal), Arjunda (Chakravarti) no one is working.”
- Abhishek Chatterjee made his television debut with Bengali television serial ‘Tapur Tupur,’ that aired on Star Jalsha in 2013, The sitcom follows two sisters who are diametrically opposed to one another. One sister is lively and humorous, while the other is quiet and peaceful. The one feels that money can buy everything, while the other believes that love and affection are priceless. Even though they have different objectives, they share a deep relationship.
- Next, in 2014, he featured in Rajendra Prasad Das’ directed television series Aanchol. In the same year he was also seen in Krishnakant Ka Vasiyatnama. Abhishek got huge recognition for playing the iconic role of Yubraj in Saibal Banerjee and Sujit Pyne directed Star Jalsha drama series ‘Chokher Tara Tui.’ The other lead cast of the series includes Joy Kumar Mukherjee and Ritabhari Chakraborty.
- After delivering a remarkable performance in ‘Chokher Tara Tui,’ he earned huge opportunities to work in. Following this, he was seen in serials like Ichche Nodee, Pita, Andarmahal , Kusum Dola, and Phagun Bou. Next, he featured in a Bengali television series, directed by Saibal Banerjee and Sujit Paainthat, and aired on Star Jalsha from June 15, 2015. Ichchenodi is a unique story of sibling rivalry set within the premise of a love triangle. Ichhenodi basically revolves around a story of two sisters, Meghla and Adrija, and how they entangle themselves in a relationship with their love interest, Anurag.
- Next in 2016, he acted in Zee Bangla’s daily television series Andarmahal, and gained huge recognition for it. He played the character of Yuvraj Sengupta opposite Santu Mukherjee, Anusuya Majumdar, Debolina Dutta, Tathagata Mukherjee, and Chandan Sen. His acting skills in this drama series earned his the opportunities to work in various bigger projects like Kusum Dola and Phagun Bou.
- In 2019, Abhishek got the opportunity to share screen with Sonamoni Saha and Pratik Sen for Star Jalsha’s Bengali Romantic Drama television series ‘Mohor.’ He played the role of Adideb and received huge appreciation for his performance from the audience.
- The Pathbhola actor, in one of his interviews, revealed that met his wife through a matrimonial site. He said,
At a time when I was living alone, I realized that I needed a partner. With which everything can be shared. At that time, he liked to see Alka (wife) on a matrimonial site. I call him. We are seen. After that I decided to get married.”
- On 24 March 2022, Abhishek Chatterjee died after suffering a massive heart attract. According to the sources, he complained of uneasiness in the stomach on Wednesday during the shooting of a television serial. The whole Bengali film industry was in mourning after hearing the news of the actor’s demise.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee took to Twitter to pay condolences to Abhishek’s family. She tweeted,
Sad to know of the untimely demise of our young actor Abhishek Chatterjee . Abhishek was talented and versatile in his performances, and we shall miss him. It is a great loss for TV serials and our film industry. My condolences to his family and friends.”
- Rachna Banerjee, an actress, had an emotional connection with him. They appeared in several Bengali films together, including ‘Juge Juge Ami Je Tomar’ and ‘Kartabya,’ to mention a few. Their friendship spanned more than just the shooting floor. Abishek was always a compassionate and down-to-earth senior to Rachna, according to Rachna. They have performed in a number of stage productions together. Rachna has treated Abhishek and his wife Sanjukta like family. Rachna was one of the final pals to pay him a visit. She had a nervous breakdown, exactly like Abhishek’s close friend, actress Indrani Halder. Several other Tollywood personalities including his various film co-star Rituparna Sengupta also talked about his demise. She said,
Actually, I see so many deaths one after another, what more can I say. However, I cannot accept the death of Abhishek at all. Abhishek Chatterjee’s contribution to Bengali cinema is immense. I did a lot of pictures with him. Some of the best pictures of my life with Abhishek. I still remember Abhishek and my Sujansakhi quarreling. This is an early picture of my career. Just that, that film is the best asset of my life, Rituparno Ghosh’s ‘Dahan’. I received a national award for that film. Abhishek was also involved in that film. Rituda told me that Abhishek appreciated me very much. He was such a man. He used to talk with an open mind. We chatted a lot together. I remember everything.”
|↑3||Facebook- Abhishek Chatterjee|