Age: 51 Years
Hometown: Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh
Caste: Vaishya (Baniya)
|Famous Role(s)/Famous For||Being the president of Bhartiya Janata Party for Delhi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Former Mayor North Delhi Municipal Corporation
• Incumbent councillor West Patel Nagar
• Delhi BJP Chief
|Biggest Rival||Arvind Kejriwal (AAP)|
|Date of Birth||29 Jan 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 20120)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh (UP)|
|College/University||Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University, Kanpur|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science|
|Caste||Vaishya (Baniya) Live Hindustan|
|Address||T-90, Punjabi Basti, (Near Gurudwara), Baljeet Nagar, New Delhi 110008|
|Controversies||• On 7th June 2020 amid the COVID-19 pandemic Adesh Kumar Gupta was arrested by the Delhi Police for violating the norms of lockdown. He along with members of BJP were publicly protesting against the Delhi government's decision of treating only the residents of Delhi in the hospitals of Delhi Government till the pandemic ends. Deccan Herald
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known
|Parents||Father-Shambhu Dayal Gupta
Mother-Name Not Known
|Money Factor||1.22 Crore INR
Note- above quoted figure is as per an election affidavit filed during the 2017 municipal corporation elections)
- Adesh Kumar Gupta hails from Uttar Pradesh (UP), whereas, after attaining a degree in Bachelor of Science, he moved to Delhi in 1986 in search of a job and eventually ended up starting a construction and maintenance business.
- His father, Shambhu Dyal Gupta, was a former BJP city head from Gursahaiganj, Uttar Pradesh.
- During his college days, Adesh Kumar has worked with ABVP, the RSS affiliated student political organisation.
- In 1991-92, Adesh Gupta was put in a temporary jail in Kanpur for taking an active role in the Ram temple construction movement.
- He served as the head of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), a student organisation in the year 1995-96.
- After settling his business in Delhi, Adesh Kumar Gupta was associated with BJP for about two decades, Later, in 2017 he contested and successfully won North Delhi Municipal Corporation Mayor election on the ticket of Bhartiya Janata Party.
- On June 2, 2020, following a tremendous loss to Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the Delhi Assembly Polls 2020, Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) replaced its Delhi chief from Manoj Tiwari to Adesh Kumar Gupta. Adesh will play a major role to unify big BJP leaders in Delhi with an eye on the upcoming Delhi MCD elections in 2022.
References/Sources: [ + ]