|Full Name||Aditya Chopra|
|Profession||Filmmaker, Screenwriter, Distributor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||21 May 1971|
|Age (as in 2017)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College||Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Debut||Direction: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
|Family||Father- Yash Chopra (Filmmaker)
Mother- Pamela Chopra (Singer & Film Producer)
Brother- Uday Chopra (Actor)
|Address||5, Shah Industrial Estate, Veera Desai Road, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400053|
|Controversies||• Back in 2012, Aditya Chopra led Yash Raj Films was sued by Ajay Devgn's production house during the time of 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Son of Sardar' Diwali clash. The former was accused of carrying out "monopolistic business practices" and abusing their dominant position in the film Industry by entering into a tie-in arrangement with 1,500 single screen film exhibitors (out of a total of 2,100). Because of the tie-up, Jab Tak Hai Jaan was released in over 3500 screens while Son Of Sardar could manage only 2000 screens worldwide.
• In one of the episodes of Koffee with Karan, guest Anushka Sharma revealed that while shooting for her debut film, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, director Aditya Chopra humiliated her by saying that she was not beautiful and if she had to stay in the film, she had no other option than to act well.
|Favourite Authors/Novelists||Sidney Sheldon, Jeffrey Archer, Ayn Rand|
|Favourite Books||The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, Kane And Abel by Jeffrey Archer, The Firm by John Grisham|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Bobby (1973), Chupke Chupke (1975), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977)
Hollywood: When Harry Met Sally... (1989), Schindler's List (1993), Odd Couple (1968), It's A Wonderful Life (1946)
|Favourite Actor||Raj Kapoor|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Payal Khanna (m. 2001-2009)
Rani Mukerji (m. 2014-present)
|Marriage Date||April 21, 2014 (with Rani Mukerji)|
Daughter- Adira (born April 2016)
|Car Collection||Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Audi A8L W12|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aditya Chopra
- Does Aditya Chopra smoke?: Not Known
- Does Aditya Chopra drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Aditya Chopra is the elder son of late filmmaker Yash Chopra and singer Pamela Chopra.
- Young Aditya was not only a bright student during his school days but also an avid sportsperson. He was a passionate football player and even dreamt of becoming one some day.
- The likes of Karan Johar, Abhishek Kapoor and Anil Thadani were his classmates during his college years.
- Walking in the footsteps of his father, Aditya took-up filmmaking at the age of 18. As an assistant director, he helped his father on various ‘projects’ like Chandni (1989), Lamhe (1991) and Darr (1993).
- Aaina (1993) was his only “Non-YashRaj” movie as an assistant director.
- After gaining 5-years of experience as an assistant director, Aditya Chopra made his full-fledged directorial debut with Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Much to his surprise, the movie emerged a huge blockbuster and is still considered as one of the most iconic films in Bollywood. Notably, a single screen theatre in Mumbai had screened the movie for 1000 consecutive weeks (20 years) until 2015.
- After DDLJ’s incredible success, Aditya took a break from direction and mostly worked as a script and dialogue writer for his father’s films. He returned to direction after a gap of 5 years, with the Amitabh Bachchan–Shah Rukh Khan starrer Mohabbatein (2000). The movie also marked the launch of his brother, Uday Chopra, in the Hindi film industry.
- An introvert by nature, Aditya Chopra likes to stay away from the media attention irrespective of the performance of his movies. Owing to his lack of public appearances, you will find only a handful of his pictures on the internet. His shyness has also been associated with the severe Anti-Social personality disorder that he developed during his childhood years.
- The year 2004 is perhaps the best year of his career, according to him. He produced a total of 3 movies in the year, namely Hum Tum, Veer-Zaara and Dhoom. All 3 of them managed to become commercial blockbusters, accumulating more than INR 200 crore in the global market.
- He again took to direction in 2008 and came up with Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, which marked Anushka Sharma’s dream debut, opposite Shah Rukh Khan.
- ‘Adi’, as his loved ones call him, has a penchant for number 21, his date of birth. He got married to Rani Mukerji (born ’21’ March) on the ’21’st of April.
- Aditya made his return to direction yet again in 2016, after a gap of 8 years, with Ranveer Singh starrer Befikre. However, this time luck was not on his side as the movie fell flat on its face, both commercially and critically.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡