|Full Name||Yash Raj Chopra|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5' 5''
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Hair Colour||Semi-Bald (White)|
|Date of Birth||27 September 1932|
|Birth Place||Lahore, Punjab, British India|
|Date of Death||21 October 2012|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Age (at the time of death)||80 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|College||Doaba College, Jalandhar|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Director - 'Dhool ka Phool'(1959)|
|Family||Father- Vilayati Raj Chopra
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Baldev Raj Chopra (film journalist and Director)
Sister- Hiroo Johar
|Hobbies||Reading and Writing|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Rekha , Raakhee , Waheeda Rehman , Jaya Bachchan|
|Favourite Film(s)|| Silsila , Darr, Dil to Pagal Hai, Veer-Zaara
|Wife/Spouse|| Pamela Chopra
|Marriage Date||Year, 1970|
|Children||Son- Aditya Chopra , Uday Chopra
|Net Worth||5500 Crores (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yash Chopra
- Does Yash Chopra Smoke ?: Not Known
- Does Yash Chopra drink alcohol?: No
- Yash Chopra made his debut as an assistant director in his elder brother’s Film ‘ Dhool Ka Phool’ in the year 1959.
- His company Yash Raj Films (YRF) is the most dominant production company in India. Last Blockbuster movie produced and directed by Yash Chopra was ‘ Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ in the year 2012.
- As most of his films had Swiss backdrop, the government of Interlaken honoured him by making his 350 kg Statue at Kursaal Garden in the central Swiss town of Interlaken.
- He was also honored with many prestigious awards like 7 National Film Award, Filmfare award for best films (DDLJ, Veer-Zaara, Dil to Pagal Hai ), Padma Bhushan Award (India’s third highest civilian honors), Dada Sahab Phalke Award, which is the topmost and the highest honour given in the Indian film industry and many more.
- He has contributed almost five decades (50 years) of his life to the film industries.
- For the renowned movie Dil To Pagal Hai, Yash Ji rejected around 60 dresses designed by famous designer Manish Malhotra for Madhuri Dixit. Finally, Yash Ji selected simple salwar-kameez for his Actress.
- He suggested Javed Akhtar to start writing lyrics for movies gave this artist a chance to familiarise his talent with the world.
- Here is the Video which will lead you to the nostalgic journey of Yash Chopra ‘ The King of Romance’.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)