Age: 30 Years
Husband: Servando Carrasco
Education: Degree In Political Economy
|Full Name||Alexandra Patricia Morgan Carrasco|
|Profession||American Soccer Player|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-36|
|Club Debut||In 2003, when she joined Cypress Elite|
|International Debut||In the 2008 CONCACAF Women's U-20 Championship in Puebla, Mexico|
|Coach/Mentor||• Michael T. Morgan (her father)
• Pia Sundhage
• Jill Ellis
|Records||• After scoring 28 goals and 21 assists in 2012, she became the youngest U.S. player to score more than 20 goals in a single year.
• In 2016, she scored the fastest-ever goal (in 12 seconds) in U.S. soccer history.
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Silver Ball in 2008
• Women's Sports Foundation Sportswoman of the Year, Team Sport in 2012
• U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year in 2012 and 2018
• FIFA World Player of the Year finalist in 2012
• CONCACAF Player of the Year in 2013, 2016, 2017, and 2018
• SheBelieves Cup Golden Boot and Golden Ball in 2016
• CONCACAF Women's Championship Golden Boot in 2018
• Silver Boot in the 2019 World Cup
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1989|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||San Dimas, California, United States|
|Hometown||Diamond Bar, California, United States|
|School||Diamond Bar High School, Diamond Bar, California, United States|
|College/University||University of California, Berkeley, California, United States|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Political Economy|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian PETA|
|Address||Manhattan Beach Apartments, California|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Spending time with her dog, Hanging out with her family|
|Tattoo||Number "Thirteen" inked on the left side of her waist
|Controversies||• In March 2016, Morgan, along with her several other teammates, filed a complaint of wage discrimination against U.S. Soccer; citing inequities between its compensation for players on the women's and men's national teams. The matter escalated in March 2019, when Morgan was among the 28 women's national team members to file a gender discrimination lawsuit against U.S. Soccer.
• In October 2017, Alex had to apologize for her actions that led her to being kicked out from a Disney World park in Florida. Morgan and her friends were accused of trespass. A deputy wrote in regards to Morgan: "I observed a white female, who was later identified as Alexandria Morgan yelling, screaming and taken (sic) video and possibly pictures. She appeared to be highly impaired."
• She came under fire for miming sipping tea after a goal against England on July 2, 2019. Morgan added that the gesture was partly in honor of British "Game of Thrones" star Sophie Turner, whose Instagram posts use the catchphrase "and that's the tea" while she sips from a cup.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Servando Carrasco, American soccer player (2007-2014)|
|Marriage Date||December 31, 2014|
|Parents||Father- Michael T. Morgan
Mother- Pamela S. Morgan
Sister(s)- Jeni Morgan and Jeri Morgan
|Favorite Soccer Player(s)||Lionel Messi, Mia Hamm|
|Favorite Food||Mexican Cuisines|
|Favorite Book(s)||• A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
• To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
|Favorite Color(s)||White, Pink|
|Favourite Film(s)||• Catch Me If You Can (2002)
• The Blind Side (2009)
|Salary (approx.)||$72,000 (national women's team)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$3 million (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alex Morgan
- Does Alex Morgan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Alex Morgan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Alex Morgan is one of the most recognizable faces in the sports of soccer.
- She was passionate about sports since her childhood.
- She grew up along with her two sisters in Diamond Bar in California.
- Growing up, Alex was a multi-sport athlete who developed an interest in soccer at an early age with AYSO.
- Her father, Mike Morgan, was among her first coaches.
- Alex started playing professional soccer at the age of 14 when she joined Cypress Elite.
- While playing for Cypress Elite, Morgan won the Coast Soccer League (CSL) under-16 championship and went on to get placed third at the under-19 level.
- At the Diamond Bar High School in California, Alex was known for her speed and sprinting ability.
- In 2009, she became the youngest member of the U.S. women’s national soccer team.
- In 2011, she was the first overall pick in Women’s Professional Soccer draft.
- At the age of 17, she damaged her anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) while playing for the United States under-20 women’s national soccer team.
- She scored her first FIFA goal in a semi-final match against France on 13 July 2011.
- In the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup final against Japan, she came as an extra after the half time and became the first player ever to record an assist and a goal in a World Cup final.
- At the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup final, she was the youngest player on the national team at the age of 22.
- She became an Olympic Gold medalist at the 2012 London Olympics, it was also her first Olympic medal.
- Along with Simon and Schuster, she has co-written a book-series about 4 soccer players- The Kicks.
- She appeared on the cover of XBOX One FIFA 16 alongside Lionel Messi.
- Alex got injured herself while helping the Americans win the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- At the 2016 Rio Olympics, Alex Morgan earned her 100th cap for the United States in a 5–0 friendly win against the Republic of Ireland.
- In February 2016, she scored the fastest recorded goal in the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifiers history. She scored the goal in just 12 seconds in a 5–0 defeat of Costa Rica.
- At the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup, after scoring five goals in the opening group game against Thailand, Alex equaled the World Cup single-game goals record set by Michelle Akers in 1991.
- On July 2, 2019, she became the first player in the history of the World Cup to score a goal on her birthday, in a 2-1 win over England.
- When asked whether she wears makeup on the pitch, Morgan said-
A girl always has her one thing, whether it’s lip balm or mascara or blush. Mine is just mascara.”
- While on the field, Morgan always sports a thin pink hairband.
- In 2019, PETA crowned Alex Morgan and NBA guard Kyrie Irving as the Most Beautiful Vegan Celebrities of the year.
- In 2019, she appeared on the cover of the coveted sports magazine- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
— Sports Illustrated Swimsuit (@SI_Swimsuit) May 8, 2019
- After the win of the US over England in the 2019 World Cup, Alex Morgan’s tea sipping celebration became viral.
References/Sources: [ + ]