Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 60 Years
|Choreographer, Singer, Actor
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth
|19 October 1961
|Age (as of 2021)
|John Connon School in Mumbai
|The Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics
|Film (Choreographer): Dil Toh Pagal Hai (1997)
Film (Actor): Little Zizou (2008)
Album (Singer & Composer): Shabop
|Listening to Music, Travelling
|1998- President's National Award for Best Choreography for Dil Toh Pagal Hai
2007- Bollywood Movie Award for Best Choreography
2010- Guide Award for Best Choreography for Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
2017- Screen Award for Best Choreography for Ullu ka Pattha
|He has been accused of sexually abusing two former dance students in Canada. The two male dance students- Percy Shroff 40 and Jimmy Mistry 33 were also members of Davar's VRRP Spiritual Learning group. As per a report, both Shroff and Mistry filed lawsuits in Canada's British Columbia Supreme Court and claimed that Davar touched them inappropriately for several years and misused his authority as their spiritual guide.
|Girls, Affairs and More
|Father- Nani Davar
Mother- Puran Davar (died on 23 September 2021 at the age of 99)
|Brother- Darab Davar
Sister- Shireen Davar
|Sabudana Khichdi, Vada Pav, Puran Poli
|Bollywood- Dilwale (2015)
Hollywood- The Godfather (1972)
|Indian: Mahabharat (1988)
American: Game of Thrones (2011)
|Rolls Royce, BMWi8, BMW X6, Land Rover, Audi R8
|Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Suzuki Hayabusa
|Net Worth (Approx)
|Rs. 90 crore (as of 2017)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shiamak Davar
- Does Shaiamak Davar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shiamak Davar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born into a Gujarati-speaking Parsi family.
- Davar was fond of singing and dancing since his childhood.
- He discovered his serious love for dancing at the age of 20.
- As a child, Davar often used to sing and dance for his friends and family members. He was in the habit of making the entry from behind the curtains holding a Coke bottle in his hand like a mic.
- During his formative years, Davar participated in various shows and competitions as an actor. He was noticed by prominent theater personalities.
- Shiamak devoted himself to pursuing the dream of establishing himself in the field of dance after completing his graduation.
- After completing his training sessions in London, Davar returned to India to start his first training class with seven students.
- Five of the seven students in his first class were from his friend and family circle.
- He had to face much humiliation and ridicule from people from various sections of society due to his modern dancing styles with which Indians were not familiar, but Shiamak did not give up to the criticism and remained positive. Gradually, the Indians started accepting his effort and appreciated it.
- Some of the good friends of Davar got themselves enrolled in his classes. These classes soon gained much popularity and Davar founded The Shiamak Davar’s Institute For The Performing Arts with “Have Feet. Will Dance” as the mission statement.
- The famous Choreographer has invented a new dance form that perfectly blends the classical Indian with the modern Jazz.
- He went on to choreograph songs for Bollywood movies like “Taal,” “Bunty Aur Babli,” “Dhoom 2,” and “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.”
- Coming from a family of educationists, Davar set foot on a totally different journey.
- His unique dance style “Shiamak Style” is very popular among the people.
- Shiamak Davar has also choreographed the dace sequences of the 2011 film Mission Impossible 4.
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Varun Dhawan, and Shahid Kapoor have been the members of Shiamak Davar Dance Company.
- He is a philanthropist too and runs the VAF (Victory Arts Foundation) that teaches dance to underprivileged children and children with mental and physical disabilities.