|Real Name||Alka Lamba|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (Former MLA)
Aam Aadmi Party ( Present MLA)
|Political Journey||1994: At the age of 19, she joined the National Students Union of India (NSUI) as a Delhi State Girl Convener
1995: She had won the Delhi University Students Union(DUSU) election for the post of President
1996: She worked as All India Girl Convener for NSUI
1997: She was appointed as the President of all India NSUI
2002: She was appointed as the General Secretary of All India Mahila Congress
2006: She became a member of All India Congress Committee (AICC) and appointed as General Secretary of Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC)
2006: she was also appointed as the Vice Chairperson of National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD), an autonomous body of Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India
2007-2011: She served as the Secretary of All India Congress Committee (AICC) at the Indian National Congress
2003: She Left Indian National Congress and Joined Aam Aadmi Party
2015: She won Delhi Legislative Assembly election from Chandni Chowk constituency
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||21 September 1975|
|Age (as in 2017)||42 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Government Girls Senior Secondary School No. 1, Delhi, India|
|College/University||Dyal Singh College, Delhi University, Delhi, India
Bundelkhand University, Uttar Pradesh
|Educational Qualification(s)||BSc, Delhi University (1996)
MSc in Chemistry, Bundelkhand University, Uttar Pradesh
M.Ed, Master of Education, Bundelkhand University, Uttar Pradesh
|Family||Father- Amar Nath Lamba
Mother- Raj Kumari Lamba
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||C-39, Tagore Garden Extension, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Writing & Travelling|
|Controversies||• On 10 August 2015, She, along with her supporters, had severely vandalized a liquor shop located near the Kashmere Gate area of old Delhi. Also, in a CCTV footage, it was found that Alka Lamba, herself, was guiding the attack and asking her supporters to throw out the stuff from the shop. According to a report, as the shopkeeper was a BJP supporter and refused the AAP workers to put their party's poster at the window of his shop, party supporters had come to threaten him.
• In July 2016, while being a member of National Commission for Women, she went to meet the victim of Guwahati molestation case and was widely criticised for revealing victim's identity in a press conference. After such action, she was abandoned by the fact-finding committee of National Commission for Women.
• In January 2018, Alka Lamba, along with other 19 AAP MLAs were disqualified by the Election Commission of India in the 'Office of Profit Case.' Their disqualification was also assented by the honourable president of India, Ram Nath Kovind. However, she, along with other seven disqualified MLAs, moved the Delhi High-Court challenging the verdict of the election commission of India.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Ashish Khetan (Rumoured)
|Husband/Spouse||Lokesh Kapoor (Divorced)|
|Children||Son- Hrithik Lamba
|Salary (as an MLA of Delhi)||₹ 2,10,000/month|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹ 1.5 crore (as per 2014-15)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alka Lamba
- Does Alka Lamba smoke?: Not Known
- Does Alka Lamba drink alcohol?: Not Known
- In 1994, she began her political career at the age of 19 by joining the student’s wing of Indian National Congress, while pursuing her Bachelor’s degree.
- She had served Indian National Congress as a party member for more than 20 years of her political career.
- Once, she climbed up a fire brigade vehicle, which was called to douse the fire, to examine the ongoing rescue operation in the Chandni Chowk area. For this action, she was also criticised by the public and many political leaders, as it had delayed the process of the rescue operation.
- In 2016, because of her contradictory statement to the party, she got suspended from the post of a National spokesperson of AAP. In the statement, she had mentioned that former Delhi Transport Minister, Gopal Roy, had resigned from the party so that trouble-free inquiry of a corruption case could be done in Roy’s department and she had related his resignation to a corruption act. In fact, Gopal Roy had proclaimed in the media that he had resigned only because of his deteriorating health.
- Her non-government organisation ‘Go India Foundation’, which has organised a huge blood donation camp, aims to collect 63000 unit blood. The initiative was also promoted by celebrities like Salman Khan, Dia Mirza, and also by the Russian Ambassador to India, Alexander Kadakin.
- Here is the video of an interview by Alka Lamba herself talking about her political journey.