Salary: ₹45,000/Month + Other Allowances
Wife: Sarah Pilot
Caste: Gurjar, Other Backward Class (OBC)
|Full Name||Sachin Rajesh Pilot|
|Famous For||Being the youngest Deputy CM of Rajasthan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||2004: Elected to the 14th Lok Sabha and became a member of the Standing Committee of Lok Sabha on Home Affairs.
2006: Became a member of the Consultative Committee in the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
2009: Defeated Bharatiya Janata Party's Kiran Maheshwari by a margin of 76,000 votes in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections and won the seat of Ajmer and became Union Minister of State for Communications and IT.
2012: Became the Union Minister of State for Corporate Affairs in 2012 and held the post till 2014.
2014: Lost his Lok Sabha seat from the Ajmer constituency to BJP's Sanwarlal Jat by a margin of 1,71,983 votes.
2018: Elected to the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from the Tonk Constituency and became the Deputy Chief Minister of the state.
|Date of Birth||7 September 1977|
|Age (as in 2018)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Air Force Bal Bharati School, New Delhi|
|College/University||• St. Stephens College, Delhi, India
• I.M.T. Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
• Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
|Educational Qualification||• B.A. from St. Stephens College, University of Delhi
• A Diploma in Marketing from I.M.T. Ghaziabad
• MBA in Multinational Management & Finance from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
|Caste||Gurjar, Other Backward Class (OBC) The Print|
|Address||B-5 Mla Quarter, Jalupura, Near M.I.Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302001|
|Hobbies||Watching Films, Reading|
|Controversy||In October 2017, he challenged in the Rajasthan High Court BJP Government's controversial Ordinance from taking up cases against legislators, ministers and officials without the government’s sanctions and prevents media from naming public servants involved in corruption cases.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||January, 2004|
• Aaran Pilot
• Vehaan Pilot
|Parents||Father- Late Rajesh Pilot (former Indian Politician)
Mother- Rama Pilot
Father-in-law- Farooq Abdullah (former Chief Minister of J&K)
Mother-in-law- Molly Abdullah
Sister- Sarika Pilot
Brother-in-law- Omar Abdullah (former Chief Minister of J&K)
|Favourite Leader(s)||Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Favourite Politician(s)||Manmohan Singh, Rajiv Gandhi|
• Jewellery: Worth ₹12,74,000 (including self and spouse)
• An agriculture land worth ₹84 Lakh
• A Commercial Building worth ₹1.21 Crore (on his spouse's name)
• A Residential Building worth ₹1.38 Crore
|Salary (as the Deputy CM of Rajasthan)||₹45,000/Month + Other Allowances Hindustan Times|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹6.4 Crore (as in 2018) My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sachin Pilot
- Sachin Pilot is best known as the son of the deceased Congress (I) leader, Rajesh Pilot.
- Since his childhood, Sachin wanted to follow in the footsteps of his father and wanted to be an Air Force Pilot; but, because of his weak eyesight, he could qualify.
- However, Sachin was so passionate about flying that he took a private flying license without telling his father.
- After an MBA from Wharton Business School, he wanted to become a banker.
- Although his professional education is enough to shed the stereotypical image of a politician, politics comes naturally to him; as he has grown up in that environment.
- After he graduated from New Delhi’s St Stephens College, he started working at the Delhi Bureau of BBC.
- Thereafter, Sachin Pilot went on to work for the General Motors Corporation.
- While he was studying at Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, he met his love life Sarah Abdullah; the daughter of former Chief Minister of J&K Farooq Abdullah and the sister of former Chief Minister of J&K Omar Abdullah.
- He co-authored a book titled “Rajesh Pilot: In Spirit Forever” along with his wife Sarah Abdullah, which was published in 2000.
- In September 2012, Sachin Pilot became the first Union minister of India to be commissioned as an officer in the Territorial Army, fulfilling his desire to follow his father’s footsteps to be in the armed forces.
- After the 2018 Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Elections, Sachin Pilot became the youngest Deputy Chief Minister of Rajasthan.
- Click Here to view the video of Sachin Pilot’s biography.
References/Sources: [ + ]