Allyson Felix Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Affairs & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Allyson Felix
- Does Allyson Felix smoke?: Not Known
- Does Allyson Felix drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Allyson runs the 100, 200, 400 m races and does she run fast! She is a quick sprinter and is an Olympic champion in 200 m event and thrice in the World Championships. She has grabbed more gold medals in the relays with the team.
- She holds a world record, along with the team, in the 4 x 100 m relay. She also ran the fastest split, faster than any American woman, in the 4 x 100 m relay at the 2015 World Championships. This also happens to be the third fastest in the world.
- She is tested by the US Anti-Doping Agency regularly to see if her performance is enhanced by any drugs. She has taken part in the Project Believe for that matter.
- Her brother Wes Felix is also a sprinter who ran in the USA Junior Championship in 2002 and was the champion there. He was the champion at the Pac-10 in both 2003 and 2004. Now, he is acting as her sister.
- In high school, she was called “Chicken legs” because she had skinny legs for a 5’6″ girl, despite the strength she had. But meet her in the gym she would dead lift 270 pounds!
- Her humility is reflected in her faith and giving all the credit to God, for blessing her with the gift and her coach, for making her what she is.
- She tried her first track race in ninth standard and was the “High School athlete of the Year” in the next year. She recorded the fastest high school time for a girl but it was not registered because there was no dope test taken for the event.
- She gave up her chance to go to college to sign a deal with Adidas. Adidas, though, paid her an undisclosed amount and supported her education at University of Southern California.
- She was willing to exchange her three World Championship gold medals with one gold that Campbell Brown won in Olympics. She didn’t want to be satisfied with loosing but her kicked in pretty soon and she was happy with what she has and for all of that happening so quickly.
- She has appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and visited the sets of Scandal.
- She has been with the highest accolade of the US, the Jesse Owens Award, three times making her the only woman to win it three times after Marion Jones.
- If she is Roger Federer, the Veronica Campbell Brown is her Rafael Nadal and they both dispense healthy competition and motivation for each other.
- Although she is a student of University of Southern California, she trains at the tracks of UCLA, which has launched a lot of superstar athletes before.
- She has a dog named Chloe which she misses when she is away competing for the races and Skypes the dog to feel comfortable and homely.
- She participates in 100 m just to prepare for 200 m event.
- No woman has won as many medals in the outdoor championship as her and no track field athlete in the last three Olympics has won more than her four gold and two silver medals.
- She won her first medal when she was 18.
- Allyson has the gift of sleep. She can sleep anytime, anywhere.
- At the 2016 Rio Olympics, she has the chance to make history of being the most decorated athlete breaking the numbers of Jackie Joyner-Kersee and Jamaica’s Merlene Ottey.
- Despite of the injury that she suffered during the trials of the US trials in Eugene, she won the 400 m race recording a personal best of 49.68.
- She proclaims a fashionista of herself and has been to the New York Fashion Week.
- She is part of the charity organization Right to Play and has traveled to Lebanon and Palestine to witness how play can actually change children.
- Allowed any superpower, she’d like to have teleportation, so that she does not have to take flights.
- She would’ve been a teacher if she was not an athlete. She still wants to be a teacher and has a degree in elementary education.
- Bees scare her to death. She was stung by swarm for over 70 times!
- She knows the dialogues of the movie Clueless back-to-back.
- Felix hates eggs and milk.
- She gets nervous before every race.
Fill & Win iPhone 14 Pro Max
Get a Chance to Win an iPhone 14 Pro Max*
Last Month's Winners