|Profession(s)||Film & TV Actor and Theatre Artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Theatre Play (Gujarati): Taak Dhina Dhin|
|Date of Birth||20 September|
|School||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|College/University||University of Mumbai, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification(s)||• M.Com
• Diploma in Financial Management Mumbai Theatre Guide
|Ethnicity||Gujarati YouTube- AajTak|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Mehul Buch (actor)
|Children||Daughter- Bhavya Buch (owner and founder of a consulting agency ‘Studio Desyn’)
|Parents||Father- Chhel Vayeda (Gujarati art director and production designer)
Mother- Kusum Vayeda (gold medalist in Sanskrit)
|Siblings||Brother- Sanjay Chhel (director, writer and lyricist; image in parents' section)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alpana Buch
- Alpana Buch is a veteran Indian theatre artist and TV & film actress.
- While she was studying in college, she started working at the All India Radio network as an announcer. She worked there for almost 18 years.
- She then started her career as a theatre artist and performed in many Hindi and Gujarati theatre plays. Some of her theatre plays are Saalmubarak, Jaanta Ajaanta, Ek Selfie Sajode, Thodu Logic Thodu Magic, and Rupiya Ni Rani Dollario Raja.
- After her marriage, she took a break from acting, and later, her mother-in-law- encouraged her to restart her acting career. During an interview, while talking about it, she said,
In 1990 people never encouraged girls to act. Though my father was an art director my mother never wanted me to become an actor. The acting was always considered a second option. In fact, people were not willing to let their daughters get into theatre, forget serials and films. I too kept it that way. I went on to study a lot and did my M.Com and diploma in Financial Management. All I wanted to do then was take up a good job and then get married. But it so happened that when I was in college I did some Inter-collegiate plays and got noticed by directors. I went on to do a few commercial plays after which I got married (to actor Mehul Buch) and took a long break from acting.”
- Alpana then started working in Hindi and Gujarati TV serials. Some of her popular Hindi TV serials are ‘Sanskaar Laxmi’ (2011), ‘Saraswatichandra’ (2013), ‘Anupamaa’ (2020), and ‘Baalveer Returns’ (2021).
- She has also acted in a few Hindi and Gujarati films such as ‘Loveyatri’ (Hindi; 2018), ‘Sharato Lagu’ (Gujarati; 2018), and ‘Luv Ni Love Storys’ (Gujarati; 2020).
- Alpana has appeared in a few TV commercials like Paytm, Saregama Carvaan, and Godrej.
- She is an animal lover and owns two pet dogs named Choco and Miller.
- In her leisure time, she loves to read books and travel with her family.
- She is a spiritual person and has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- Alpana Buch has won many awards for her acting in TV serials and theatre plays.