|Real Name||Smriti Zubin Irani|
|Profession||Indian politician, Former Model, Television Actress and Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 82 kg|
in Pounds- 181 lbs
|Date of Birth||23 March 1976|
|Age (as in 2017)||41 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Holy Child Auxilium School, New Delhi|
|College||University of Delhi, Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film: Malik Ek (Hindi, 2010)|
TV: Aatish and Hum Hain Kal Aaj Aur Kal (Hindi, 2000)
Politics: Joined Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2003
|Family||Father- Shri Ajay Kumar Malhotra (Punjabi Khatri)|
Mother- Smt. Shibani Bagchi (Bengali)
|Hobbies||Horoscope, Reading, Music|
|Major Controversies||• Her educational qualification became controversial in 2014 when she made contradictory claims regarding her educational degrees. In 2004, she claimed to have a degree in BA while in 2014 she claimed to have a degree in Commerce.|
• She was criticized for not taking appropriate action in the suicide case of a Dalit student of Hyderabad University, Rohit Vemula.
• A number of central-university Vice Chancellors criticized Irani when she sacked two vice chancellors, during her tenure as HRD Minister.
• In October 2014, a furor was created over her decision to replace German with Sanskrit as the third language in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
• Management institutes i.e., IIMs were at the loggerheads with Irani when she cleared a clause to include the IIMs under the ambit of her ministry.
• A number of bureaucrats left her ministry citing her high-handed way of functioning.
|Favourite Food||Gujrati Cuisines, Tea, Coffee|
|Favourite Actress||Rekha, Hema Malini|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Zubin Irani (Businessman, m.2001-present)|
|Children||Son- Zohr Irani (Born in 2001)|
Daughters- Zoish Irani (Born in 2003), Shanelle Irani (Step-daughter)
|Net Worth||4 Crore (INR)|