|Real Name||Ami Javeri|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Date of Birth||September 1970|
|Age (as in 2017)||47 Years|
|Birth Place||New York, United States Of America|
|Hometown||New York, United States Of America|
|College||Wharton Business School, Philadelphia, USA|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading & Writing|
|Controversies||In February 2018, She, along with her uncle, Mehul Choksi, and husband, Nirav Modi, was summoned under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) in the more than ₹11,400 crore alleged fraud in Punjab National Bank (PNB). On 16 January 2018, PNB said the accused firms came with a set of documents to its Mumbai branch and requested buyers' credit to pay overseas suppliers, and when the branch officials asked them to come with full amount as collateral so that the bank could issue letters of undertaking" (LoUs), they said that they had used such facilities in the past without any collateral. To this, the bank scanned through records and found no trace of any transactions. On further investigation, PNB found that bank's 2 junior employees had issued LOUs on the SWIFT interbank messaging system (used for international transactions) without entering the transactions on the bank's own system. Such transactions went on for years without detection.|
Daughters- Apasha and Ananya
|Turnover (approx.)||₹20,000 Crores|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1.76 Billions (₹11,000 crore)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ami Modi
- Does Ami Modi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Ami Modi drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ami Modi is the wife of world’s leading Jewellery Businessman, Nirav Modi.
- She was born and brought up in the USA and holds the degree of Masters in Business Administration.
- She is also a business partner in his husband’s world famous venture.
- She and Nirav knew each other; since they were in the same college, Wharton Business School, but after few days, Nirav left his college to help his uncle in his family business.
- In February 2018, her name was mentioned in the Punjab National Bank’s money laundering scam worth amount 14, 400 crore rupees.
- In January 2018, she fled to New York, USA, along with her children followed by her husband in order to save herself from the scam investigations.