Age: 55 Years
Wife: Sangeeta Murarka
Children: Sidhaant Murarka
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aneel Murarka
- Aneel Murarka is an Indian businessman renowned for his philanthropic works and sustainable business practices. He is known for his efforts to provide selfless service to society and for being actively associated with NGOs such as National Association for the Blind, ALERT India, NASEOH, and more.
- Aneel lived with his parents in Mumbai and had a modest upbringing. His grandfather was a freedom fighter who participated in the Indian Independence Movement, and his father was the first businessman in the family.
- After completing his education, he began working in his father’s company. Initially, he worked as a fresher under an executive role and was later trained by his father to lead the business. Soon, his father passed on the leadership to him, and Aneel made all his efforts to turn the company into a corporate entity from a medium-level enterprise.
- He further expanded the business and stepped into the export market as well. Aneel Murarka He is widely praised for bringing in sustainable business practices, focusing on developing and selling eco-friendly chemicals for the textile market, and contributing to saving the environment.
- Aneel is known for his philanthropical initiatives and has pulled off many humanitarian and social initiatives all across the country. He is actively involved in charitable initiatives that focus on supporting education, healthcare, poverty alleviation, and positively impacting lives in whichever way possible.
- In 2015, Aneel founded his own organization Ample Mission which focuses on taking direct actions for impacting and changing society. Ample Mission organizes both Intellectual property-based events and award programs to go one step further and bring impactful changes in society. Ample Mission
- In 2016, he has also produced various short films starring Bollywood actors. These short films are dedicated to addressing a social cause and bringing positive changes in society. His 11-minute short film starring Sunny Leone, Deepak Dobriyal, and Alok Nath raised awareness against smoking and reached millions of people.
- Apart from his own organization, he supports many NGOs including Rajasthani Mandal, Narayani Dham (SAMRPAN), NASEOH, Indian Development Foundation, and more. He also works for the welfare of the transgender community and has taken many initiatives for gender equality. He took his first initiative for gender inclusion in the Times Fashion Week 2019, in which models from the transgender community were brought forward. The showstopper of this show was the Social Activist Laxmi Narayan Tripathi, who walked the ramp for equality and inclusion. Fortune India
- Aneel is also the Ambassador of Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, an initiative by the Indian government to make and keep India clean.
- The Hindustan Times titled him as the new face of modern philanthropy in India, which focuses on social welfare and poverty eradication in the country. The Economic Times One he talked about poverty in an interview and said,
We already have the resources to eradicate poverty if we want to. It wouldn’t require a revolution. It would only require an adjustment of our priorities in favour of a larger good of the society and nation.’ Fortune India
- Regarding his personal life, he lives in a joint family with his wife, son, and other family members.
- On 7 October 2020, his first book Uncommon Dreams of A Common Man, was published and was positively reviewed by many readers.