Age: 18 Years
Father: Zafar Hussain
Hometown: Jaipur, Rajasthan
|Famous For||Being the winner of “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs Junior” (2011)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||TV: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs (2011)|
|Date of Birth||10 January 2001 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||18 Years|
|Birthplace||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|School||He was home-schooled until he was 12 years old.|
|Hobbies||Singing, Dancing, Swimming|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Zafar Hussain (Keyboard Player)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother(s)- 3 (Names Not Known)
Sister(s)- 3 (Names Not Known)
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Azmat Hussain
- Azmat Khan was born into a financially weak family in Jaipur.
- His family sing songs to earn their livelihood.
- Azmat has never been to school. He was home-schooled until he was 12 years old.
- He had a deep interest in music since childhood.
- At the age of 4, Azmat started learning music from his uncles and relatives.
- In 2011, he won the singing reality show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs.” He received the winner’s trophy from the Bollywood superstar, Shah Rukh Khan.
- Azmat received a standing ovation from the judges of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs, after he sang the soulful rendition of Khuda Kare. The popular singer, Kailash Kher, got very impressed with his voice and said,
Aap pichle janam ke kisi sangeet ke fankaar ke avatar hain… at this age if you sing so well then after a few years there will be a Gharana bearing your name.”
- After winning, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, he won a family trip to Disneyland for four nights and five days.
- When Hussain returned to Jaipur after winning the show, Rajasthan’s Cheif Minister, Ashok Gehlot, honoured Azmat with a flat in the MIG category of Rajasthan Housing Board and a fixed deposit of Rs. 11 lakh in his name on behalf of the Rajasthan Government.
- Subsequently, he recorded a qawwali for the Bollywood film “Raambhajjan Zindabaad.”
- He has performed at various events and stage shows across the country.
- His grandfather, Rafiq Hussain, was also a classical singer.
- As he grew up, his voice tone started changing and one day, when he uploaded his video on his social media account, he received a bad response from the audience. Subsequently, he went into depression and stopped singing for three years. During that period, he became a victim of drug abuse, which further disturbed his singing career.
- In 2019, Azmat made a comeback in the singing industry by participating in the singing reality show “Indian Idol 11.”
- He shares a great bond with the Indian Idol 10 winner, Salman Ali. Salman was also his competitor in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs.